View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
punkerellaxkris

Default Nice to Know I am Not Alone

.. I have a full beard, all over my chest and breasts, stomach, arms and legs. I shave in the morning and by the evenings it is already stubbly again. If I go a day without shaving ppl mistake me for a man on the sidewalk or drive thru. I am 22 years old, i'll be 23 in Feb. and i've been dealing with this since I hit puberty, but it got really bad when I was 17. I didn't get diagnosed with PCOS until I was 19. I don't have money for the laser treatments or anything and I don't have health insurance so I can't go to the doctor. The birth control didn't work on me, it makes me very, very sick. And the doctor told me even on birth control it won't help with the hair growth. I'm also over weight and depressed and I have the dark skin around my privates that is rare?
My self esteem is non-existent at this point. I don't go out with friends, I don't have a boyfriend, I rarely visit family or go out of the house when i'm off work. Luckily I have a job where I don't have to see people very much, I work graveyard in home health care. People made fun of me for being fat in HS and I still have emotional scars from that.
I'm tired of feeling so worn down all the time. I think if the hair would go away I might have the confidence to go out and meet some friends, maybe even a boyfriend. Last time I was at the doctors and they checked my fertility they said that if I didn't have a baby in the next few years I wouldn't. And they told me every year my chances of becoming pregnant decrease rapidly.
I just feel like nothing good is ever going to happen to me. And I cry all the time and i'm so depressed.
punkerellaxkris is offline   Reply With Quote