PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSupport Connections > Idaho

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #1
Aliciaem

Default Moscow, ID PCOS college student

Hello,

My name is Alicia and I live in Moscow Id. I have almost always been on birth control since I started my period. I met my fiance in high school so my mom made me get on it when i was 15 and I started at 13. Just not to long ago I decided to get off the birth control and didn't have a period for nearly 4 months. I for sure thought I was pregnant but I wasn't so I went to the doctor and they did a whole bunch of tests and she told me I had PCOS. She never really went on there from then, I just decided to go back on the pill and started my period again. I am really confused as to what I should do. My whole life I have wanted a family and I have no idea what I am suppose to do to help with my PCOS and I don't even know if my doctor diagnosed me right, I think she did b/c I have all the right symptoms; however, it is just a general family doctor. Can anyone help me please. Let me know of someone I could go see that isn't extremely far away and if you have any suggestions please let me know. If I were to end up not being able to have children I would be devastated. Thanks.

Alicia
Aliciaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
MissRebellious

Hello Alicia!

I'm not from Moscow, I'm from much much further south, Idaho. Right outside of Boise, but not, it's weird. ANYHOW! I don't have anyone in mind that would be close to you, but an OB/GYN is your best bet, many of them understand and can proerly help you with PCOS.

As for suggestions, I would just stick to a diet and exercise plan, and keep your stress levels under control. PCOS isn't the end of the world, and you're definitely not alone (if it's what you actually have!)

There is a chance of infertility in women with PCOS, but they have ways to help that now. Replacement hormones and what not, so I wouldn't worry about it at this point in your life. If you need assurance, cruise through the pregnancy forum and some of the others. There are SO many success stories, it's a confidence boost.

Again, know that you're not alone and take comfort in that. I would just cruise through some of the forums, you'll find all kinds of information relating to PCOS and how people have overcome them. If you want to vent or something, feel free to message me. I can throw some advice your way if I have any and/or just listen

----------------------------------------------------------
Diagnosed PCOS May 2009
Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2006ish
2250mg Metformin
50mcg Levothyroxine
1200mg Fish Oil x2
Centrum Ultra for Women
Super Vitamin B Complex
Misc. meds for depression/anxiety/ADD/Insomnia
Not TTC, Following a balanced diet (Proper calories, fat, protein, fiber, Calcium)
MissRebellious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
UnfilePoofola

Send a message via ICQ to UnfilePoofola

Если вы хотите сыграть во что-то классное, герой возрождение онлайн игра - это великолепное решение.