PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lavender

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
sammem

Default Anyone else?

Does anyone else feel like their period changes them? I realize the crazy fluxing hormones change a lot, but I feel like I turn into a different person.

I stopped taking medicine but I get sporadic cycles. Right before a cycle I start getting attracted to girls (I've always thought of myself as hetero). I also get very depressed, insecure and emotional. The depression,insecurity and attraction continue after the cycle ends.

I feel like I can relate to people with ADD who don't take their medicine because they feel like they're not themselves. When I took progesterone pills or get a random cycle, I feel like i'm a different person. I absolutely hate these crazy emotions. I should be forcing myself to get a cycle every month but no way if I'm gonna feel like this every time.

Anyone else get similar feelings? I'd appreciate any input.

Edit:
I guess my feelings are similar to the post "PCOS and the loss of my sexual identity". Maybe hormones just f*** with us differently.

Edit 2:
I can't figure out how to delete this post but I did find some info while researching. Looks like estrogen levels decrease right before a cycle and Serotonin drops with it. http://www.soulcysters.net/showthrea...ght=depression

Last edited by sammem; 11-25-2011 at 02:54 AM.
sammem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
dims826

I can totally relate with you. I find that the longer my cycle is the meaner I get! It is horrible to see how your loved one reacts when they don't understand what is going on pshyically and chemically in your body. I haven't always been the best medicine taker but I am going to really try from this time it because I want to be "normal". This is a good place to vent and get advice and I have been coming back on and off since I was diagnosed. Good luck!!
dims826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
romeohooper

excuse me what ??