PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > Administrative Items > Help Using the Discussion Board

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
MzWrite

Send a message via MSN to MzWrite Send a message via Yahoo to MzWrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
what is this tweeze machine that you speak of.. because I would rather pluch my chin/neck but it is time consuming... does it grab a bunch at once? Do tell
Its a little motorized thing that you can plug in or use batteries for. It's got a little spinning head with a bunch of tweezer tops. You just use it like a shaver and drag it where you want to work.

For me, it takes me about 20-40 minutes to do my chin, neck, chest, breasts, and stomach, depending on if I do it all at once. (Neck/chin about 20 minutes.) It grabs a few at the same time, but not more than about 5? Not really sure, but it doesn't feel like it takes too long.

Honestly it doesn't hurt on my chest, breasts, or stomach. (Someone else asked me once.) It only hurts a little on my neck but hurts more on my chin. Might be because that's where my hair is thickest.

Mine's not the "Tweeze" brand (and I sadly never remember the name), but you can find them at Walmart in the beauty care area.

If you want to see pictures, go to http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi and put in tweeze. Most of the machines look very similar to that.

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004
Taking Metformin 500mg, twice a day. Provera for 10 days at the start of every month.

Last edited by MzWrite; 10-12-2010 at 02:52 PM.
MzWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
davidwilsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzWrite View Post
Brooke: Hi. If the hair isn't really really thick, then I have an idea for you.

I use a tweeze machine; it doesn't grab all the hair, but nearly all and I only need to do it about once a week. (If I'm lazy, I wait longer.) I wouldn't suggest it if the hair you get is really really thick, though, because it can be a bit painful; especially when you first start to do it.

Also, you want to make sure and do it on a day you don't need to do anything because, much like plucking, it leaves a raised red area. I try to make sure and do it when I know my dad's not going to be home for a few hours because the sight of it makes him cringe... In about an hour it's not as bad and in about 3 there's hardly anything left to see.

It's loud, it's not the least painful thing out there, and it's not permanent, but it's pretty effective and it works for me.

Just another idea to throw into the pot, hope this helps.

Good luck!
what is this tweeze machine that you speak of.. because I would rather pluch my chin/neck but it is time consuming... does it grab a bunch at once? Do tell
Old 11-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Mindy1389

Send a message via Skype™ to Mindy1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwilsoon View Post
I believe what she was referring to (if you didn't already find out) is an epilator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator).
I have used one myself, and they are surely nice for the legs, although I'm not sure how pleasant one would be on the chin/neck area. They may make smaller ones for this area.
Mindy1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
MelissaF

Hello,
I have had a total of 3 laser session on my whole face and nape of my neck and have had no regrowth whatsoever the laser sessions are spaced out monthly to sync with the monthly hair growth cycle.
Its really worthy and you must go for it.
Ali.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
hevero@verizon.net

Default Lasers for blondes?

Was that laser treatment for fiar ski and dark hair? WHat kind of laser was used?

thanks so much.

Helen
hevero@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
punkerellaxkris

Default Nice to Know I am Not Alone

.. I have a full beard, all over my chest and breasts, stomach, arms and legs. I shave in the morning and by the evenings it is already stubbly again. If I go a day without shaving ppl mistake me for a man on the sidewalk or drive thru. I am 22 years old, i'll be 23 in Feb. and i've been dealing with this since I hit puberty, but it got really bad when I was 17. I didn't get diagnosed with PCOS until I was 19. I don't have money for the laser treatments or anything and I don't have health insurance so I can't go to the doctor. The birth control didn't work on me, it makes me very, very sick. And the doctor told me even on birth control it won't help with the hair growth. I'm also over weight and depressed and I have the dark skin around my privates that is rare?
My self esteem is non-existent at this point. I don't go out with friends, I don't have a boyfriend, I rarely visit family or go out of the house when i'm off work. Luckily I have a job where I don't have to see people very much, I work graveyard in home health care. People made fun of me for being fat in HS and I still have emotional scars from that.
I'm tired of feeling so worn down all the time. I think if the hair would go away I might have the confidence to go out and meet some friends, maybe even a boyfriend. Last time I was at the doctors and they checked my fertility they said that if I didn't have a baby in the next few years I wouldn't. And they told me every year my chances of becoming pregnant decrease rapidly.
I just feel like nothing good is ever going to happen to me. And I cry all the time and i'm so depressed.
punkerellaxkris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair growth, hair in weird places