PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > 40+ Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
floridamom1990

Default New here and so upset!

Not with all of you, but with doctors over the years! Why hasn't anyone explained this to me??

I had a hysterectomy 6 years ago at the age of 41 due to many cysts and tumors. He took out my left ovary but kept my right. I haven't been the same since. Granted the mood swings have diminished, but I have every symptom of PCO. I've had the pain in my right side, hair growing EVERYWHERE, high blood pressure, etc., etc., etc. And to make matters worse, I have no health insurance. I see the doctor at the health department, am on two blood pressure medicines and Tramadol for pain in my right side. But the hair, OMG!! I feel like the "Wolfman!" It is on my upper lip, chin, sides of my face, nipples, stomach, and I just pulled a long fine hair from my back...it had to be three inches long! I'm not sure how much more I can take! I would gladly have them take my right ovary too if that would solve the problem. Would it?

All of my life I've worried about the Sleep Apnea and wondered why I had it. I wake up gasping for breath. Now I know. Why??? Why hasn't a doctor explained this over the years? I have explained my symptoms to so many doctors over the years. Ladies, who can I see? I'm hoping to get a new job soon and will have insurance (I hope). I'm just so upset and wonder why someone hasn't diagnosed this over the years. All of my blood tests have indicated these problems. I was told I had too many male hormones. And my hysterectomy was horrible. Huge tumors, the left ovary covered with cysts, the right covered too, but not enough to take it out. And now I hurt just as bad.

Can someone tell me what tests to ask for when I go to the health department? I just spent over 5k to get tests, and they were "incomplete" due to the fact that they couldn't see my ovary because my bladder wasn't full enough. I'm truly enjoying the creditor's phone calls now. Yeah, right!

I just need some guidance. I can't believe I finally found a website that deals with my problems. I appreciate any advice you can give me and would be happy to help anyone here as well.
floridamom1990 is offline   Reply With Quote