PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Moms

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #121
DM2003
PCOSuperStar!

Vero, was thinking of you and Paul (and your DH) all day today. So glad that the dr made the safe call, and that it was quick. I hope that the oral meds will be enough to keep him feeling good. I'm sure you are happy to have this day over with!

Hi to everyone else! It's been a whirl wind 2 days... quite eventful for us.
Yesterday - we had a busy morning of cleaning, trying to have a shower with two toddlers throwing things at me and a short visit to the diggers (which have become a daily tradition). Then lunch, naps, get ready for an interview, fall down the stairs.... YES I fell down 5 steps about 1 hour before having to go for an interview. Hurt my foot, got a nasty gash on my wrist, and hurt my tail bone pretty bad.
Get back home, and as my parents are leaving, Isaac does a face plant on our cement patio. He has a huge bruise on his forehead over his left eye and he is scraped from his eyebrow to his cheek bone. Poor little man.

Today - rushed to get Elise off to nursery school, then back home to clean up a little, back to nursery school for Mother's Day Tea. It was SO cute!! Rush home to get lunch, naps and get ready for my mom to come so that I can go to the dentist. I got a cleaning and a tooth pulled... one of my wisdom teeth. So that was a blast.

I hope the next two days a very UNeventful.

Sorry for the all about me post...
Emery 05/17/11
http://dunbrackfamily.blogspot.com/

DM2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #122
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

WOW! Diane-I didn't think anyone's life was like mine! LOL With six kids I'm really feeling the stress and business!
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #123
ShesAWannaBeHero

Send a message via AIM to ShesAWannaBeHero

Well, I am home from the hospital. Kaiden did so well...Mommy, eh not as well! He didn't cry for the anesthesia - just lied there as calm as could be...as if he knew. The doctor this morning said that depending on what they find when they open up, there might be more than one surgery - and lo and behold, he will need more! They fixed the 'chordee' and used up the extra skin, so we have to have another thing to stretch the skin and then one to fix the urethra. AND then to make my day even more traumatic....they are keeping him until at least Friday!!!!!!! I'm at home and DH stayed tonight and I was happy to be with Brenden tonight. I hope we can get there for a little tomorrow but Brenden isn't really allowed there more than a few moments. We're just in a pickle b/c DH has a church membership class meeting tomorrow and my parents are going home tomorrow. Should be fun. He wants to cancel but has already enough issues with the church people and doesn't want to tell them what is really going on.

Anyway-thanks for all the thoughts today ladies. I wished I took my laptop for as long as he was in the OR.

Vero-I'm glad Paul is starting to feel better- sad that they had to take the right testicle. I am glad though that he is home and feeling better. I was sitting with Kaiden in recovery and I mentioned you were probably going in about that time, and we said a quick prayer for you guys.

I was so heartbroken that my little boy was so sad and hurt afterwards. He just cuddled forever after the surgery, didn't want to eat, just wanted to snuggle. I love him so much.

Well, I need to do some church stuff for DH.

--
Okay, I need to rant..my Brother and SIL brought my nephew over today with a fever - they were the same ones that got the boys sick before surgery and we almost had to cancel. UGH! They don't get it-but now I'm nervous to take Brenden to the hospital tomorrow.....I don't want to get Kaiden sick and have him have to stay there longer. I'm SO SO SO SO worked up and can't say anything. ALright...thanks for listening! I miss DH, he would be my sounding board..

ShesAWannaBeHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #124
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

Nikki-I'm glad Kaiden did well! (HUGS) I know this has to be hard-but you are a great momma! As for your SIL and bro-I'd flip out on them! I think you need to be honest with them about the seriousness of this and what the reprocautions can be. Not only did they do this to you-and your kids-but what if they do it to someone else? Maybe you could avoid someone else getting worse cuz of their lack or thought???
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #125
BAC38(Brittany)
PCOStar!

Vero, So glad Paul did well! Hope his recovery is quick and pain-free!

Niki, Oh nooo! That would be so hard to leave your little one in the hospital And I would also FLIP OUT on my B-and-SIL if they dared to bring a sicky over when your poor little Kaiden is just out of SURGERY!! That is so stupid of them! Woman, don't keep quiet - STAND UP!! You HAVE to say something! That is really, really serious! I hope that Brendan doesn't get sick but I understand your unwillingness to take him to the hospital tomorrow. That could be really dangerous for Kaiden. Tell them that it isn't okay, girl. You can do it (((hugs)))

When are they going to do Kaiden's other surgeries? I hope his recovery is fast - poor little dude.

Sarah, I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time lately - I hope that it's just the bcp and when you stop it everything will go back to normal

Dianne, OUCH!! Sounds like you had one painful day! And six kids - Geez! You must be wonder woman Mason and Isaac must have been planning that fall together - he had one too!

Megs, stopping and starting flow sounds normal. Probably just some flexing of the kegels

That's as far back as I can see Sorry if I missed anyone!

I had my painting critique today and everyone liked it. Here's a finished pic!

And also a pic of Mason's faceplant from last night. I was sooo worried about a concussion but he's okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinting finished!.jpg (48.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ouch.jpg (41.4 KB, 16 views)

LaPhotoSongerie.com
Portraits by Brittany A. Callender

Brittany (24)
Brian (29)
Mason Jäger (September 28, 2008)

BAC38(Brittany) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #126
DM2003
PCOSuperStar!

Nikki, I was thinking of you today too... I was wondering if you were going to get a chance to post an update on Kaiden. I can't imagine having to leave one at the hospital... that would just be SO hard!! ***HUGS*** to you guys... I hope that tomorrow works out okay for everyone.

Britt, I don't have the six kids... I think it's Punk that has six right now! I'd loose my mind at this point LOL these last two days were whirl wind enough! Love that painting! I truly miss painting... so I'm living through you right now I'll have to post a pic of Isaac's for you tomorrow... they must have been planning it together...

I should have been in bed an hour ago.... night ladies.
Emery 05/17/11
http://dunbrackfamily.blogspot.com/

DM2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #127
BAC38(Brittany)
PCOStar!

Dianne, oops!

LaPhotoSongerie.com
Portraits by Brittany A. Callender

Brittany (24)
Brian (29)
Mason Jäger (September 28, 2008)

BAC38(Brittany) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #128
ShesAWannaBeHero

Send a message via AIM to ShesAWannaBeHero

I wish I could say something to my family - unfortunately they flip out and don't talk to you for months when you express your feelings - I'm just so sick of them. This is why I am glad I don't live near a majority of them - but instead of supporting us - I feel like they are useless! I mean, if I cried about this whole thing, I was not being 'strong enough' if I ask you not bring germs here, they think I'm too paranoid, if I speak my opinions, I'm a "b****" and I never win Anyway, I know that they will go home soon and I can be with my boys, hopefully soon.

Brittany - I must say your artwork is incredible!!! You are quite talented - you just do a great job. It's a talent I wish I had...might help my stress-levels! lol. Aww - poor Mason....

Diane - wow what a past two days...hope the remainder of your week is calm and enjoyable!!!! (AND I hope poor little Isaac feels better...and you of course too!)

Goodnight ladies -

ShesAWannaBeHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #129
esarah
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Niki- I am sorry your family is not helpful or supportive. I am sorry Kaiden has to stay in the hospital until at least Friday. I know how hard it is to have one in the hospital and little ones at home. I had a hard time doing it (3 weeks with Mark and 6 with Taylor) when mine and dh's families were very. I don't know what I would have done if they had not been. My kids were also newborns and I couldn't be there with them ALL the time (although I was there at least 12 hours a day with each of them, some days many more). They were newborns and had no idea what was going on and didn't know anything different. I know when Leata was in the hospital one night when she was months old it was sooo hard and we didn't have another little one then. I could just stay with her the entire time.
Praying for peace and that you will be able to figure everything out for the next couple of days and that Kaiden will be able to come home as soon as possible. I know it's so hard for you! (((HUGS)))
Taylor 4
Mark 2
Luke 1
16 Angel Babies
esarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #130
Tink
PCOSuperStar!

Niki- (((hugs)))!!!! Please please let me know if you need anything!! You can even drop Brendan off here for a little bit if you need to! My SIL is here and I'm sure Owen would love a playmate (and he ISN'T sick!! LOL). I'm sorry to hear that Kaiden will need more surgeries but I'm glad he was such a trooper. Hang in there mama!!

Tink is offline   Reply With Quote