PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Alternative Family Building

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #91
Working Through
PCOStar!

Jessica: Sounds like you made the right decision. I live about two hours from Whiteman. I am in Jeffeson City.
Our Adoption Journal: http://www.anderson-ent.com/helpinga...row/?page_id=6
Working Through is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #92
JessicaH
PCOStar!

Rebecca - Just checking in... how are things going for you???
Angel Baby 12/17/08 (clomid 150mg)
Angel Baby 3/8/11 (femara 2.5 mg)
*Annalise 1/23/12 (adopted 2/6/12)

TTC #1 8/05 - 9/06
TTC #2 10/07 - 2/12

JessicaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #93
Working Through
PCOStar!

Hey Jessica! Things are going OK. We have our second appointment with the social worker on monday (10/24), but need to fill out three forms: openness, health issues we're willing to accept, and the "diversity tool", about our heritage and stuff. So we'll be busy... SW said she wanted them by Friday, so I'll be working hard on those tonight and tomorrow.

How are you doing???????
Old 10-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #94
JessicaH
PCOStar!

We're good. Our case worker is writing up our home study now so hopefully we'll have our formal approval soon... then the real wait begins!!

TTC #1 8/05 - 9/06
TTC #2 10/07 - 2/12

Old 10-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #95
Working Through
PCOStar!

Jessica: I was just trying to explain to my husband's grandpa about how the birht mothers get to look at a variety of potential adoptive parents and pick...I don't know why but I don't think he understood that even after we're approved by the social worker, that the rest is out of our hands. DId your social worker give you an approximation on when she thought she would be finished?
Also, we're doing an IUI this cycle, and haven't really told anyone. It is basically just becuase I had money left in my health cafeteria plan, and didn't want it to go to "Waste", but I am struggling a lot right now. I know that if it doesn't work we're already a good bit into the adoption process so we're still closer to gettint a LO, but still is really hard knowing I might be putting my body and DH through all of this just to get a BFN in the end....
Old 10-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #96
JessicaH
PCOStar!

Our case worker is awesome. He said that after he has everything, it will be within a couple of weeks. I know that the FBI prints were a little bit slow in getting back (it's supposed to be 5-10 days but I guess they're back-logged) so it should be a couple of weeks from now.

I'm sure it was hard for your husband's grandpa just because adoption didn't go this way in the past. There have been some people who don't really understand that we aren't just on some waiting list.

Good luck with your IUI. Michael and I stopped ttc after 4 years this month although we never give up hope of a natural miracle. It is hard knowing that you might get a bfn, but at least you won't have to live with "what if" - you know you tried. TTC is hard, even while your in the midst of the adoption process. No matter how your LO comes to you, I hope it happens quickly.

TTC #1 8/05 - 9/06
TTC #2 10/07 - 2/12

Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #97
Working Through
PCOStar!

Jessica: Our prints are taking a little while too, and something else from the state, but our second appointment went well. Our social worker said everything is coming in nicely and in a positive direction. I felt good about our appointment, she said she was impressed with how "open" we were to background factors and openness...I hope we aren't setting ourselves up for failure if we get a difficult situation with a child... You're right about this IUI being sort of "now we'll know", especialyl since we weren't plannign on it, but had the money there. We probably would have wondered if we didn't do it. The IUI went OK, not any awesome numbers from DH, but his best contribnution yet, so we called it a good day.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #98
Working Through
PCOStar!

Just "bumping" this if you would...Any cycsters adopting or in the process of waiting to be matched???
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #99
jkossmann

Send a message via AIM to jkossmann Send a message via Yahoo to jkossmann

Hi I never come on anymore.. but happened to be on today and saw your post bumping the forum. We are currently in the waiting game. Completed everything with the home study it is just currently under final review. We have been working with an adoption consultant to maximize our networking. We already had two potentials but they didn't meet our criteria. There is just so much of this process to do and be worked on! But so excited because this is the closest we have been in our seven and a half years of trying.

Where are you at in your progress? I don't really get on here like I said but I am on facebook so if you ever need someone to commiserate with my name is Jessica Kossmann. Best of luck to you all!
TTC#1 since 05 with PCOS, endo, and in 08 discovered MF.. Starting Follistim/IUI this cycle!
Lap/Hsg 09-finally got my right tube open but it has a diverticulum, removed several stage 1 endo areas, removed a large cyst, and a benign uterine polyp
jkossmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #100
Working Through
PCOStar!

Thanks Jessica. I will look you up. We have been home study approved since January 2012...our agency recently changed how they prefer profiles appear for birthmother review, so we are making a new profile...Which I don't mind, becuase this is the first time in over a year that I felt like I was "doing something" other than waiting. I'll look you up on Facebook. I am on there a lot.