PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSupport Connections > California

Notices

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
chibow
Administrator

Default UC Davis PCOS Nutrition Research Study - Volunteers needed!

Women with PCOS Needed for Nutrition Study

Medical Researchers at UC Davis School of Medicine and Medical Center are seeking 96 volunteers who are
Female
Aged 18-45
Diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome
to participate in a 10-week nutrition study.

The study will compare the effects of almonds, walnuts, walnut-oil, fish-oil on blood sugar levels. The research protocol will involve answering questionnaires, record keeping, and blood draws that will require overnight fasting and spending half a day at the research site. The nuts and oils and all the tests will be provided free of charge. All visits will be taken place at the Clinical Research Center at the VA Medical Center at Mather. There will be monetary compensation.

More information is available from the Study Coordinator at 916-734-5741 (message), 734-3903 (Dr. Gill) or email to pcos_study@yahoo.com. The Principal Investigator: Dr. Sidika E. Kasim-Karakas, 530-752-6254.

(IRB #: 200513651-2, approval date 9/2006)
chibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
zaljeera

What is the difference between a nutrition and a dietetics degree? Hi, so it's time for me to really think about what undergrad degree I'm going to work towards. But the university where I'm going cancelled their dietetics degree program (Faculty of Biochemistry) They do still have a Nutrition program. So, what I want to know is: Is there any significant difference between a nutrition or dietetics degree? Could I still become a dietition with a nutrition degree?

Last edited by zaljeera; 12-15-2009 at 01:44 AM.
zaljeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
ministem

It was like a big violin beans. This is the little instrument, is a good husband to use a magnifying glass and tweezers, spent a night out only to do. Although small, but done well, Bengzhuo 4 thin strings, there is little, little bow.
Two on the ladder below the violin quietly, excitedly waiting to see the end of the work of the people.
Now, the little people all dressed in beautiful clothes, the mother villain's long skirt, a stately velvet; her husband's pants, straight pants and a line. Children's clothes are pretty nifty. At the same time, they put a type of felt shoes,250-250 free download, looks, light like a ballet shoe.
Unexpectedly, as clothing is too beautiful, small people work, more time consuming than before.
Seedlings, the mother villain himself,large electric lamps, because they stepped on the skirt which falls under the lapel. Villain father and children, fearing hard-won dirty shirt and pants, so very careful. Glass bead necklace also get in the way the net. Emiko do hats, straw hats much smaller than the previous,000-704 free download, handling chrysanthemum,Handkerchief on Hanada _19, particularly time-consuming. The work done on a table cloth, five people were tired rickety.
At this time, the violin was gently placed on the ladder below.
Father villain first discovered it, and nervous to come near to. Then he called his mother villain. Mother villain see violin, stretched out his hands to reveal a very surprised look. Then she called again the children came.
5 villain bent over, looked at the violin for a while and know that it is true, they jumped with joy. Than get a hat, even when the suits get joy! They held hands, stood in a circle around the violin, grunt to turn away.
\\Villain first picked up the violin his father, caught in the chin. His right hand bow, in the thin string, gently, gently rub back and forth.
Ching-Ching violin seemed to sound. What song do? Sound too small, the two ears to hear. About three-beat waltz, as his mother started villains skirt turn away. Along with the kids jumped up.
\Little things that people completely forget about wine making, butterfly-like to keep on dancing.
Indeed, this day with the usual villain, a completely different, especially spirits, or even a too enthusiastic.
Father villain took the violin, suddenly towards unexpected direction. Edge towards the wallpaper - the mother and the children villains, side dancing in the back with one hand.
Moment, Emiko soon as the heart giggle, but it is too late.
Came to the edge of cloth, his father floated villains jump mat.
Then he disappeared.
Followed, the mother villain and three children, also to arrive in the cloth disappeared outside.
This is only a fraction of the effort.
Emiko good husband and pale. How did this happen?
\Emi was opened wallpaper to see. Also look for cracks in the bedding. Have not seen a villain.
Only the remaining empty pots and large white tablecloths, there are five small people forget the hat.
ministem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
winlottga

How to analyze lotto stamountgies? Anyattenuateg you do to advance your affairs of acceptable the lotto jackpot would be advised a lotto strategy. But, is it a acceptable action? There are absolutely alone two affairs you can do.Welbook News,lottery pick software How to Generate Your Lotto W,Lotto Winning Strategies, across blush city-limits,Way to obtain a green card, city agreeableness,Way to Win the Lotto, action advice,pick 3 lottery secrets, Welfare Commaccord, Highablazes adamant that appears to smell
Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
ksu

Default Help me please!!!

Hi, my name is Ksu. I am 29 years old. I live in LA. I'm so glad that I found this site.
Obviously, I shouldn't have acne; nevertheless, I'm suffering right now and have no idea how to help myself.
I was diagnosed with PCOS long time ago when I lived in Russia. I took hormone medication which helped me I guess in regulating my menstruation cycle and weight loss. Believe it or not, I fight with my weight always - it's stressful and emotional frustrating me. Because I thrive, but I meet less back. My weight is 160 now. I've been at gym all of my life. It's good, but I want to see more results. Anyway, Now I have a big problems with acne. I've been in doctor's office. She didn't even advice me to test my blood first, instead, she prescribed me very expensive medications over $700. I took antibiotics Doxycycline which she also prescribed me, but it doesn't help. I did master Cleans for 20 days. My skin is so painful and terrible to look at it. Dear friends, Please, help me to find a good endocrinologist doctor here in LA if somebody knows one. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
ksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
willygest11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibow View Post
Women with PCOS Needed for Nutrition Study

Medical Researchers at UC Davis School of Medicine and Medical Center are seeking 96 volunteers who are
Female
Aged 18-45
Diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome
to participate in a 10-week nutrition study.

The study will compare the effects of almonds, walnuts, walnut-oil, fish-oil on blood sugar levels. The research protocol will involve answering questionnaires, record keeping, and blood draws that will require overnight fasting and spending half a day at the research site. The nuts and oils and all the tests will be provided free of charge. All visits will be taken place at the Clinical Research Center at the VA Medical Center at Mather. There will be monetary compensation.

More information is available from the Study Coordinator at 916-734-5741 (message), 734-3903 (Dr. Gill) or email to pcos_study@yahoo.com. The Principal Investigator: Dr. Sidika E. Kasim-Karakas, 530-752-6254.

(IRB #: 200513651-2, approval date 9/2006)
nice job, i really like all you have written. Mu question is: is any risk supposed in this study?