PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
FertilityHealth

Acupuncture For PCOS & Fertility

Hello,

I am an acupuncturist who specializes in reproductive medicine. I am posting this message to share information on how acupuncture can help many of the symptoms and systemic imbalances involved with PCOS and infertility.

From my experience PCOS is a condition that does share a common group of symptoms but also has a wide variety of presentations and symptoms that vary greatly from patient to patient. For this reason I find more successful results when treatments are personalized and developed individually for each person and their presentations.

Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is effective in encouraging ovulation to occur and regulating menstrual cycle from this aspect.

The are a variety of mechanism how PCOS can affect fertility and the ability to achieve a health pregnancy. Our success comes when we look at the whole condition, using a multi-level approach. I look at fertility as the overall health and ability to carry a pregnancy to full term and have a health delivery.

For some our initial goal is to encourage ovulation when there has been irregularity. Our next focus in increasing the quality of these maturing follicles and ovarian reserve. In PCOS maturing follicles are arrested before maturation and don't quite make it to the graafian follicle stage necessary for ovulation and fertilization of a health egg.

Acupuncture & Chinese herbal medicine has been shown to be remarkably effective in helping to regulate the androgen levels and assist optimal hormone regulation necessary for pregnancy to occur.

I encourage you to read this blog post on PCOS & Infertility to learn more about how acupuncture and Chinese medicine can help PCOS presentations, and help to restore overall health.

Using acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diet modifications, exercise, and supplements we can greatly benefit this condition and overall health.

I am happy to help answer any questions and help provide information on how you can find a qualified acupuncturist in your area who can help.

If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us.

www.TreeOfLife-Acupuncture.com

Last edited by FertilityHealth; 07-28-2010 at 10:19 PM.
FertilityHealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
sedivy_gal
Super Moderator
PCOStar!

Send a message via Yahoo to sedivy_gal

your link is not a valid link.

PCOS Dx 11/2008 /TTC Since 06/2007

Supplements: 2000 Met XR, 3000 Biotin, 62mcg Synthroid, 2000 Vitamin D, Calcium, Active Vitamin, 30mg Phentermine (for weight loss) - started 07/18

2009 - 3 Round Of Clomid/2IUI's - BFN
2010 - Thyroid Tested 5.1
2011 - Thyroid Normal 1.63!!

7/2011 - HSG Showed No Leakage Both Tubes Blocked

[/]
sedivy_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
FertilityHealth

Default All fixed - thanks

All fixed - thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
sedivy_gal
Super Moderator
PCOStar!

Send a message via Yahoo to sedivy_gal

Thank You for sharing, I did read your blog, it was very informative. Too bad your in WA though, as I am in Chicago.. I have often wondered about acupuncture and infertility.

We are putting together a PCOS Convention for next year though, and this gave me an idea to invite an Acupuncturist (spelling?) to the convention.

I also shared your blog with my fellow PCOSers on facebook. Thank You.

PCOS Dx 11/2008 /TTC Since 06/2007

Supplements: 2000 Met XR, 3000 Biotin, 62mcg Synthroid, 2000 Vitamin D, Calcium, Active Vitamin, 30mg Phentermine (for weight loss) - started 07/18

2009 - 3 Round Of Clomid/2IUI's - BFN
2010 - Thyroid Tested 5.1
2011 - Thyroid Normal 1.63!!

7/2011 - HSG Showed No Leakage Both Tubes Blocked

[/]
sedivy_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
FertilityHealth

Thanks for the feedback and sharing the information. I think adding an acupuncture to the convention would be great. In my practice we have seen a success in treating many of the PCOS presentations. In my experience the best responses come in combination with Western medicine (preferably a RE).

I know the support community is spread over a large area. I am always happy to help find a qualified fertility acupuncturist in your area.

Tags
acupuncture, fertility, infertility, pcos, pregnancy