PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSupport Connections > Nebraska

Notices

Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
MommytoBri

Default Maybe the only one in Nebraska

I have yet to find anyone in Nebraska that has PCOS. I hope that I am not alone in the great state of NE.
Progestrom 100mg time release capsules
Metformin 1500mg
MommytoBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
Kiz

Default Re: Maybe the only one in Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoBri
I have yet to find anyone in Nebraska that has PCOS. I hope that I am not alone in the great state of NE.
You're not! I was diagnosed (finally) last year.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
cycler

I'm from Council Bluffs, Iowa, basically connected to Omaha, where I practically live. I have not tried to have children yet. I'm not even married. But I do have most of the symptoms of PCOS. I hope to have children in the future.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
Jill Elting

We live in Lincoln. My 17 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with PCOS. It took about a year but we finally know.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
Musicgirl

I have PCOS and was born in Omaha. My mom was born in Council Bluffs. Even though I don't live in NE anymore, I still want to let you ladies know that you have another midwest girl that can sympathize with our struggles with this.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
needing_answers1970

Nope, yer not alone sister! Just happen to finally find this forum!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
mleigh

No, I was just dx with PCOS in October, after one year of failing to ovulate on my own (was then on Provera each month). My Dr. wants to be see a RE in Omaha-Dr. Stevens, has anyone been to her or heard anything about her?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
mleigh

Sorry for the conrfusion, it is not DR. Stevens, Dr. Victoria Maclin. I read another post with Dr. Stevens and I guess I had that in my head!!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:46 AM   #9
SunnySoul

Default Not alone

You are not alone. I was recently diagnosed. I have always known there was something wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally, I have a reason for all the weight gain, facial hair, and missed periods. I am a mother of two and 29 yrs old.

I have been finding it difficult recently dealing with co-workers who are now making comments about my weight. In my line of work a certain fitness level is expected. I told them to give me some time to get a handle on things before they start criticising. I am currently taking Metformin about 1000mg a day so far. I haven't seen too much of a difference yet, but I am determined to at least get my weight under control, for my health. I am affraid of developing diabetes. Sorry to be pouring it all out, but I have been really wanting to talk to some one who understands. Although my husband and friends seem to understand I can't shake the feeling that they don't believe that this syndrome could be causing me problems. I feel that they think I have no self control, I have battled with my weight all my life as you probably understand.

Back and forth, thin then fat then thin again. Now that I have some answers and am taking meds I hope things start to get a little easier although I am not holding my breath. I am just going to do what the doctor told me about avoiding bad carbs and work hard at the gym.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
MommytoBri

February it will be a year on Met. My weight was 217lbs. Now I am currently balancing at 180lbs. I never thought I would be back to the weight I was when I married my husband. I hope that I countinue with my weight loss, but with pcos you never know. All I know is that my daily pain that I had is almost non-existant. My only struggle is my peroid lasting almost 2 weeks. I feel that the Met has helped me lose the weight that I struggled so hard to do on my own.

My husband was recently tested for IR and guess what, he is on 500mg of Met. His mother has PCOS and Endometriosis just like myself. It took a 2 of doctors and 6 months to listen, but he found on doctor that is willing to treat him. It took me 6 doctors and 6 years before a doctor would listen to me. Most doctors in my town dismiss the sympotms and depression and give you a year supple of anti-depres. pills.

I wish all you ladies the best of luck with your doctors. I know how tough it is to find one that will listen and do something about it.

I am here for all of you.
Progestrom 100mg time release capsules
Metformin 1500mg
MommytoBri is offline   Reply With Quote