PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Faith-based Support

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
duckysleepover

Send a message via Yahoo to duckysleepover
Default Sarah and Abraham-holding on while going through IF

The Lord has really put on my heart to share with you ladies these verses. I been reading more in dept with the story of Abraham and Sarah. I feel as though I can relate to her because her womb was consider dead and baron. This just shows me how big our God is and to keep the faith:

Romans 4:18-25
18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."[d] 19Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." 23The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, 24but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

God has shown me that we should keep the faith even when our view is clouded with negative thoughts and it seems as though nothing is going to work. Abraham and Sarah still held on to the promise from God (being able to bear a child) even though their bodies were consider dead because of their age. This helps showed me that nothing is impossible with God. God is not bigger then our infertility and PCOS. In fact, God will help give us strength and peace through our difficult time. This will help us strengthening in our faith. God has the power to do what he has promised. Its like what Romans 5:1-5 says:

" 1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us".
By holding on to God's word and promises he will give us peace. Which will grow into hope. This will help us in our walk with God.

Know that Nothing is impossible with God.
On a ttc break until Aug 2011! Then bring on the RE!
2 round of Injectables...one BFP..MC 05/30/09
3 rounds of Clomid...one BFP..MC 12/30/08
duckysleepover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Ron

AMEN!! I used to hold onto this story and now when I read it, it always puts a smile on my face.
I will keep you in my prayers...
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
duckysleepover

Send a message via Yahoo to duckysleepover

I know what you mean. Praise God. Thanks for your post.
On a ttc break until Aug 2011! Then bring on the RE!
2 round of Injectables...one BFP..MC 05/30/09
3 rounds of Clomid...one BFP..MC 12/30/08
duckysleepover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Semper Fidelis

Such an encouraging post. Thank you. God Bless!!!
Semper Fidelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
NKopp1106

AMEN i was not big in to excepting god when i found out i had pcos.... I went many years crying and not understanding how ppl who abuse their children have 5 or more children.. and me who wasnt asking for a dozen just wanted 1.. couldnt do that.. i considered my self broken and that god wasnt their for me... he had left me ..... i started on a downward path that i didnt even notice i was on.. drinking and drugs.. terrible... aug of 07 i found out i was pregnant 9 wks along... i sat dwn and i looked up to him.. i cried for a long time.. i thanked him and i believe he sent me my son when i needed him the most ...... I changed my life forever and have not looked back since that day... Knowing that only god had sent me this little angel.. i properly named him... ISAAC JAMES.... AND HE IS MY GOD SENT BABY WHO BEFORE HE WAS EVER BORN HE SAVED HIS MOMMAS LIFE....

Jan 7th, 2011 put on 1500mg MET.
Jan 7th, 2011 Started BeYaz
Feb 15th, 2011 Stopped BCP
Not TTC

NKopp1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
Arielis

Default Thanks

Wow reading this really brings peace to my heart again. Thanks so much for the Sarah and Abraham story. I've read this story several times and tonight im having one of those nights where i cry for no reason. I come accross this thread and i cry even more but i cry because my faith will soon rise again.. i feel so alone in this sometimes. I can't talk about my feelings with my husband because I feel he does not get it. I know my God is powerful and everything is possible with him. I've been a christian for about 3 years now. I feel as if my faith is just starting to grow more. I also thought as NKOpp1106 not understanding why is it all these women around me not even wanting children have like 5 and all i wanted was 1, but then i realize that God has a plan a perfect planfor all of us and we just need to have faith and lots of patience. But girls sometimes it hurts soo much to wait but having someone to talk to about it feels nice too.. baby dust and many blessing to all of you.. God Bless
Arielis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
Scarlet Fletcher

Thanks for that! Sometimes its hard to remember that God knows the number of our days. Even the number of our childrens' days! And we have to be content in the place we are in until their days hit 1! Its hard for me because I am married, did things the right way (no offense to anyone), both my hubby and I waited for marriage and were each others' first everything. I felt that things were just supposed to fall into place since we had put our ducks in a row from the beginning. God doesn't do things our way, or the way we think He will do things. He is teaching me to be content with where I am and to trust in Him for the content of all of my days.
I praise Him for being the great and loving father that I never knew I needed!
Scarlet Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote