PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Faith-based Support

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
Jaydess

I have to share...

Right before my DX 5 yrs ago (I was 19), I was having severe panic attacks. I had been pagan for 4 yrs or so at that time. My dad had to sleep by my bed and hold my hand through the night, my panic attacks were so bad. He had me turn on a local Christian radio station, and that helped a lot. The next morning, I was home alone, laying in bed, and listening to the radio.

The dj (for lack of a better word) was asking for people to call in and share their "life verses" from the Bible. She read one off, though I forget what it was, and I thought, "That's for me." So I called in, and told her a little of my situation, and that I had just decided to return to Christ that morning.

A week later, I received in the mail a package from the radio station. She had gone out to a Christian book store and picked out a Bible, with Scripture journal and Bible cover/case, and bought it for me. I was so touched that I had to call her and thank her.

I will never forget this woman, or what she did for me. Ever since, whenever I think of how much Jesus loved me, loved ALL of us, to die for us as He did, it brings tears to my eyes. I've never believed anyone could love me that way, or even that I could be WORTH loving that way. But obviously, the Lord believes otherwise.

I believe that pcos IS a trial for us. We have a battle to fight, like anyone else with a disease. Maybe one of us will open the eyes of the world to some of our struggles, maybe one of us will find a way to prevent this disease in future generations.... Who knows? But we WILL be stronger for it, if we can only keep our faith.

*hugs and prayers for all*

Jaydess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
duckysleepover

Send a message via Yahoo to duckysleepover

wow. thanks for sharing. what a neat testimony.
On a ttc break until Aug 2011! Then bring on the RE!
2 round of Injectables...one BFP..MC 05/30/09
3 rounds of Clomid...one BFP..MC 12/30/08
duckysleepover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
Butterfly10

Default Great story...

I recently posted my story about my struggle....

But I just wanted to share a side bar of my story!

After struggling to conceive and losing a baby due to my PCOS.
I met a fellow Christian (one of my co-workers).
(About 2 months after losing my baby).

I had told her what was happening to me and she just happend to have the book on South beach diet! She said there was a success story in it about a woman who struggled to conceive.

Anyway, I read the book cover to cover that night!
I started the diet the next day!
3 months later and 25lbs. gone........I conceived my son.

Me and that co-worker are now best friends! She was my sons 1st visitor when I gave birth.

Her help and prayers enriched my life more ways than one! I got a best friend out of it and now my son!
Butterfly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #14
duckysleepover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly10 View Post
I recently posted my story about my struggle....

But I just wanted to share a side bar of my story!

After struggling to conceive and losing a baby due to my PCOS.
I met a fellow Christian (one of my co-workers).
(About 2 months after losing my baby).

I had told her what was happening to me and she just happend to have the book on South beach diet! She said there was a success story in it about a woman who struggled to conceive.

Anyway, I read the book cover to cover that night!
I started the diet the next day!
3 months later and 25lbs. gone........I conceived my son.

Me and that co-worker are now best friends! She was my sons 1st visitor when I gave birth.

Her help and prayers enriched my life more ways than one! I got a best friend out of it and now my son!
that's really neat. Praise God for your miracle.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Alwilki

Send a message via MSN to Alwilki

I have come to view PCOS as a blessing in a way. DH and I first started TTC in November 2009 because we both had strong feelings that the Lord was telling us it was time to start our family. DH was ready, I however, was not. I was scared and wanted to wait longer but I put my life in the Lords hands and told him I would do whatever he wanted me to do and let him know I was scared and not ready to be a mother.

Then in April 2010, I was diagnosed with PCOS because of absent periods and then it was confirmed through B/W. I was completely shocked. My best friend also has PCOS and I had seen the struggles she had been going through with TTC for almost 2 years. I had my days when I cried and was angry...but then, I realized that I WANTED to be a mother and I wanted it A LOT! This whole PCOS thing has really made me appreciate the whole thing and when I do finally get a beautiful child to care for from the Lord, I will be happy and excited instead of dreading it like I was before. I think the Lord realized that I need this and so he gave me PCOS so I would appreciate my children when they do come.

I was also confused as to why I would have the feeling of needing to start TTC in November just to get PCOS that would obviously make conceiving longer and harder. But my doctor has told me that my PCOS is not that bad and it is good that we caught it now before it got worse like gaining a lot of weight (which would make TTC harder) and more cysts on my ovaries etc...So if I had waited longer to TTC, then the PCOS could have been worse and my struggles longer and harder.

I've needed this to Humble me and the Lord knew that and I have not had a day where I have cried about it in a while. I still get frustrated that everyone around me is getting preggo except for me but I know that my time will come sooner or later and that when it does, I will love my children with ALL my heart and be grateful for them everyday of my life.
Alwilki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #16
strawberrygem

Default meaning

Wonderful messages.

actually, i don't have an official diagnosis of having PCOS but as soon as i saw "polycystic ovaries" in my ultrasound result a few days ago, i immediately looked it up in the internet and became PCOS-aware.

my mens is irregular and i have hirsutism. however, i'm not overweight. i am actually underweight, have loss of appetite, and anemia. so i'm not so sure if i do have PCOS.

the cyst thing disoriented me though. i easily get depressed.

except for the weight loss and pregnancy issues, i could so relate to the other hardships a woman with PCOS go through. coming to terms with this condition has helped me understand my disturbing mood swings, dark thoughts, and cry fests which often leave me guilty since i am a Christian who profess faith and strength in Christ yet i am so wormy~

i praise God for making me aware of this because He wants me to get a grip of myself.

by grace, instead of getting more negative about this condition which threatens my relationships and future, i suddenly saw life another way.

i want to become an overcomer and mean it this time because PCOS is real. i don't want my daily life to be thrown at the mercies of hormonal imbalance and melancholy.

God used this awareness to bring me out of my gloom and into getting in touch with His promising reality.

i am a conqueror through Him who loved me...

we can overcome!
strawberrygem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #17
sdthacker

Send a message via Yahoo to sdthacker
Smile God led me to the what was causing all my problems

I just found out I have PCOS My cycles have been irregular for years about a 1yr and 6 mths ago I got sick and had to go in the hospital .Which was God's doing I am sure . I found out that I had high blood pressure and couple weeks later I found out I had High Cholesterol. Since May of this yr I have been pelvic Pain . So I went to my reg doc the last of Aug and She said I had a cyst and gave bc but that did not help . I then asked several lady friends to pray for me about this . One of them on (bless her heart and Thank you Jesus) decided to refer me to her doc that helped her with the same situation . I gone to him and he diagnosed me with this . He gave me some meds . The metformin got me sick at my stomach . I called the doc up and the nurse said not to continue with it until he calls me back and am still waiting. Please pray for me that I can get this under control. Thank you Staci.
sdthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
duckysleepover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthacker View Post
I just found out I have PCOS My cycles have been irregular for years about a 1yr and 6 mths ago I got sick and had to go in the hospital .Which was God's doing I am sure . I found out that I had high blood pressure and couple weeks later I found out I had High Cholesterol. Since May of this yr I have been pelvic Pain . So I went to my reg doc the last of Aug and She said I had a cyst and gave bc but that did not help . I then asked several lady friends to pray for me about this . One of them on (bless her heart and Thank you Jesus) decided to refer me to her doc that helped her with the same situation . I gone to him and he diagnosed me with this . He gave me some meds . The metformin got me sick at my stomach . I called the doc up and the nurse said not to continue with it until he calls me back and am still waiting. Please pray for me that I can get this under control. Thank you Staci.
will defanilty be praying for you staci.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
duckysleepover

Alwilki-i'm glad to hear that your pcos isn't so bad. we been ttc for 5 years and my is pretty bad. it's been a rough road and i'm glad God is helping me pull through pcos.

strawberrygem-Amen! we are conquers in his name. what a powerful message. thanks for sharing.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #20
JodieLynn

I was dx'ed at age 19, a year after DH and I got married. At the time, I was devastated and after trying for a year we took a long break. It's now 5 years later and we're starting again. But now, at age 25, we have a much better idea of who we are as individuals, and a couple. Our marriage was strengthened by struggling through infertility together and relying on each other and Heavenly Father. Now we can see that He knew what He was doing by not giving us a baby 5 years ago. We weren't ready then, but we feel each day like we are getting closer. By giving me PCOS, I feel like Heavenly Father has also given me time to prepare my body, heart, and home for a baby. We also understand that it might not happen for us, and that if that's the case it's by His doing and for His reasons.
TTC #1: 11/2010
Provera 10mg, Prenatals

Marine Corps Family
JodieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote