PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeeD
AF arrived yesterday. Wow - much heavier/worse than my normal AF (I guess b/c of the failed IVF cycle). Cramps, headache, heavy flow. Today is CD2, and the IVF coordinator called yesterday and told me to begin the BCP on CD2, so I took it this morning. I am also still on my Met (and bromocriptine for a pituitary tumor). We are meeting with the IVF coordinator in person on Thursday to discuss the plan...and until then, its just BCP.

Mel - are you not doing any sort of Lupron or BCP before you start stimming?
becuase of the study that I am in, one group took BCP and the other took the month off,.I was the off group. The whole purpose of the study that I am in is to see if women should or should not be recieving BCP before starting IVF and how that impacts the success percentages. So there are no weird drugs or anything abnormal, its just that one group gets BCP and the other (me) doesnt. Cool huh?

So instead of taking BCP for 2 weeks, I just took the month off and waited for AF.

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #12
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

Looks as though you ladies will be a few days ahead of me. I did order all my meds the other day- WOW! Expensive, it said if I didn't have insurance it would have been over $5,000. I am very lucky to at least have some good insurance! I have problems with them,but they have always come out in the end, so I will just take it as a gift.

I will keep you guys posted-

mel- any other drugs besides 200 iu's of the follistim? I think in order for my RE to cancel a cycle she said my E2 would have to be over 5000. Man, I hope it does not get that high. When I did stimming before I would feel nauseated at around 1000.

monkee- I wonder if you will have to have another period before actually starting the cycle...I look forward to hearing about your meeting on Thursday!

tryin'4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 AM   #13
krisap00

Thanks Girls for sharing. If this next cycle of IUI does not work, we will be in the IVF boat aswell.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys,

Ap
IVF #1 - BFP - 10/21/2007

krisap00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
MonkeeD

Tryin - From what I understand based on our meeting with the RE, I will get a period once I stop the BCP (which, I believe I am supposed to take for two weeks). The RE gave us a very good overview of the plan....but wanted us to set up an appt with the IVF coordinator to sit down and map out the official schedule. In the meantime, because the first week is just BCP....they sent me home with a package of BCP that I could start once AF arrived (yesterday). I will order all of my additional meds once we sit down with the coordinator this coming Thursday.

For any of you ladies who do acupunture (or are thinking about it), my acupuncturist recommended a great book. The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. It talks about the methods of combining Chinese medicine with your regular RE & western medicine. It has an entire chapter devoted to PCOS. You can order it used from Amazon for a great price. I have started reading it & really like it.
MonkeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin'4#1
mel- any other drugs besides 200 iu's of the follistim? I think in order for my RE to cancel a cycle she said my E2 would have to be over 5000. Man, I hope it does not get that high. When I did stimming before I would feel nauseated at around 1000.
Other than the follistim, I am still on my metformin and my prenatals but that is it.

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF GIRLS. . . I did my first injection by myself this AM. YEAH ME!!!!!!!!!!1 ("i'm a big girl now") LOL! (I have a friend that is a nurse and she usually does it for me but I figured I had to grow up and get it done by myself)

Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

YAY MEL! I am so glad, once you do it a few times it will not be as bad. I always do mine sitting down though- I just feel better about it! Going to do my first injection of Lupron right now, then off to a class I am taking this week....yuck....

tryin'4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

tryin'4#1: you are right, it is getting easier, but I still sit there for about 5 min and stare at the needle. (I have hated them since I was a child). I agree, sitting down makes giving the shot a lot easier.

STIMULATOIN DAY 3: I am already starting to feel a sense of fullness in my ovary area. I am also feeling VERY sharp pains in my ovaries. I can tell that my hormones are starting to vary too. I am getting short tempered and emotional. Tomorrow I go for bloodwork and an ultrasound to check on my progress. Prayers please.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 PM   #18
skusisto
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

Mel - sounds like things are going well... I can't really imagine needing more than 200IU of the follistim for long! With just doing injections and timed bd I never got about 100IU and still got OHSS... good luck! I hope those follies are growing! Just not too much!
skusisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #19
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

I know, I am really worried becuase whenever I did injections I only did 75 units for 7 days. Now I am doing 200 every day!!!! I am already not fitting into my pants. ha ha (seriously)

Old 07-31-2007, 03:01 PM   #20
skusisto
PCOSuperStar Platinum!

I gained 5lbs on my first injectibles cycle that I never did get off... so I know the bloated feeling... you did say they can lower your dose right? Just can't increase it? I think you'll be alright... it's only 4 days, right? How much can happen in 4 days?
skusisto is offline   Reply With Quote