PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Alternative Family Building

Notices

Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
tweety

Oh thats great. Going to happen sooner then you think.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
crystalandchad

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have updated on how our process is going. My DH's grandpa was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer a few weeks ago and so we have been spending a lot of time with his family.

On Thursday night we had our home inspection. It went really well. The only thing that we have to do is either get a locked gun cabinet or remove my DH's guns from the home. I think we are going to put them at his parent's house for right now because he hasn't hunted in years.

Our licenser said that we are far enough in the process that if there was a child that she believed would be best placed with us then she would go ahead and place them with us. I guess because we live in a small county that there are not as many requirements as other counties.

We will eventually have to take 12 three hour courses on foster parenting. They are not offered in our county so we will have to travel to take them. She said that she would let us know where the closest place to take them is.

So I guess.....we could have our first placement soon.....exciting!

How is everyone else?

crystalandchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

Crystal-That's awesome! It's so exciting isn't it?!?!?!?!?!

It's amazing at how supportive our friends and family are being! DH and I are away (I have a conference and he came along to visit friends downhere) and some of our friends called thinking we were meeting the boys and wanted to wish us luck. Some friends are truly wonderful to have-more supportive than we can ever hope for! Just thought I'd share this wonderful info-cuz during TTC many of us have experienced friends who were not always the most supportive or understanding. This couple stood by us through everything though. There are wonderful people still out there! :wink:
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
tweety

Thats great Punkin.

Last edited by knutfugget; 10-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #15
crystalandchad

My DH and I went to our first foster care support group on Friday night. It was called Supper and Support. We got to meet many of the families in our county that are doing foster care. It was very nice to meet these other families that have already experienced what foster care is like. We connected with another young couple that we plan to do dinner with sometime soon.

Over the weekend, I allowed myself to by some baby and children's clothing on clearance to start a collection. It was so much fun to take it home and wash them even if it was just to put them into a storage container until we are blessed with our first placement.

I hope it is soon!

crystalandchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #16
tweety

Glad you had a good first class.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #17
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

THat's awesome Crystal! We are planning on going to an adoption meeting soon! (once everhthing settles down here w/the new house and such).

DH laughed at me cuz I'm obsessed with buying kids clothes. lol. Only, should OLD Navy go out of business-I'm in trouble! LOL I get lots of good deals at GAP KIDS and Children's Place too-if you hit them in the spring and fall-you can buy for the following winter/summer.

Last edited by PunkinSpice; 10-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #18
momwant2be

Default Home visit complete!

Our home visit is complete. The agent just left our home. What a relief! 8) We spent all day yesterday cleaning the house for a 2 hour visit. Oh well. I know DH and I still have some outstanding paperwork that needs to be turned in (I still haven't had my physical :evil: ) so we're going to send out the information tomorrow morning, after DH has made copies of some of the documentation.

Just thought I'd keep you up to date.
EDD #1-1/9/09

www.tomandvickie.blogspot.com

momwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #19
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

Woo hoo!!! Congrats. Isn't it crazy how short they stay? It's a good feeling though when it's over!

Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #20
tweety

Thats great, congrats.