PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM   #521
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

krispa, keep us updated, sounds good so far.

The fires are BAD!!! All the school around us are closed but not us yet. So far we are ok. Many people have lost homes though. Just last night alone, over 250,000 people were evacuated. It is bad.

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #522
MonkeeD

Krisap - You should count back 14 days prior to your retrieval, and consider that as "Day 1." So if your retrieval was on October 6th....then Day 1 was September 22. Which means that you are currently 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant (this coming Saturday will mark 5 weeks for you).

Hope that helps! Congrats on the great beta numbers!
MonkeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #523
krisap00

Thanks for the clarification MonkeeD...I was really confused.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the results from Thu..and my doc stops testing after that until the US which is at 6.5 weeks.

A
krisap00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #524
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

Monkee- how are you doing?

kris- best of luck to you! The numbers sound great!

Mel- What shot of estrogen are you giving yourself? Do you have to do any Lupron at first? Also, what about the PIO shots? Any of those? I hope the transfer time works because it would be great to have 4 or 5 days instead of the 2!!

tryin'4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #525
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

tryin4#1: thanks, I hope it works this time too. I am not doing lupron, they said I do not need it. I dont know what that is though. I am taking delestrogen as a twice a week injection. It goes in the but like PIO and it is in castor oil so DH has to go VERY slowly!!! I think I start the POI shots later not really sure. I should have asked huh??? LOL

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #526
Marie79

Hi. I have been reading this thread for a while and it has given me a ton of great info on IVF. Thank you all for sharing your stories.

We just met with the RE today and our next step is IVF. We will start in Jan, which seems like a long time away but I know I have to be patient. I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone here who did ICSI? Also, how many embryos have you all implanted, and it your cycle was successful, are you having one baby or multiples?
PCOS and Male Factor
Marie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #527
krisap00

Hi Marie,

I know most of those who've posted on this thread have either had complete ICSIs or have had it split(half regular half ICSI). ICSI seems to be norm in most IVF cases especially if Male factor issues are involved.
My doc had initially suggested that we do a split ICSI, but based on DH's morphology report advised us to stick ICSI'ing all of the eggs.

In my case...we had a total of 17 eggs that were ICSI'd....of which 7 degenerated(I am yet to figure out what this means)....and of the remaining 6 fetilized. We implanted 2(1 was a 8 cell grade C and the other was a 6 cell grade b)...So one of them atleast should be responsible for the BFP.
A
krisap00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM   #528
ChristineMcC

Mel - it looks like you and I are on the same schedule! We're doing a frozen cycle and my transfer date is Nov. 9. I have a completely different protocol than you, though. I've been doing Lupron shots daily for the past 2 weeks. I'll be continuing them until a few days before the transfer. I'm also taking Estrace 2X a day and I'll be starting progesterone capsules 3X a day the week before the transfer. This is different than the last time for me. We did the estrogen injections twice a day last time and I'm glad I don't have to do them this time. How are you managing with them?

Kris - Congratulations! That's great news!

Take care,
Christine
TTC #2
DD Brigid born 10/14/02 - IVF
ChristineMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #529
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

Kris-CONGRATS!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Mel-I hope you are feeling better! I am soooo happy you get to do the FET soon! I am on CD6 and I had 10mm follies on CD4-for the 1st time-usually they are 5-6mm-so that has me a little nervous but we will see.

Monkee-how are you doing hun???
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #530
MonkeeD

Marie - My RE strongly recommends doing ICSI on atleast half of the eggs if it is your first IVF (as he puts it....you don't want to get that far, and then realize that the sperm & egg need help getting together...and risk it being too late to help). So for my first IVF, we did ICSI on half of the eggs. We had a great fertilization rate on both the ICSI and the non-ICSI eggs. So for our second IVF, the RE did not recommend ICSI (because he felt there was no need for it). Our fertilization rates were fine without it. We did not have male factor issues. But if you do, then your doctor might want you to do 100% ICSI.

As for the number of embryos to transfer......I did two rounds of IVF, and I transferred two embryos each time. But there are many factors to consider, such as....the quality of the embryos, your age, your previous history of success or failure in IVF, the embryo "stage" (i.e. whether they are 3 day embryos, or more advanced 5 day "blastocysts"). We transferred two high quality 5-day blastocysts both times. After our first IVF failed....we asked the RE about transferring more than two. He felt strongly that we should not do more than two. My second IVF was successful, and I am now pregnant with twins. So we are thankful that we didn't transfer more than two....because I think the risks associated with carrying triplets are pretty scary.

Hope this helps!

Mel - so glad to hear that you are moving forward on your FET plan!!

I am doing well. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. The morning sickness (aka NAUSEA) kicked in about two weeks ago....which is probably worse because it is twins. Other than that, I feel good. I have my first appt with the Ob/Gyn next week. I am seeing a high-risk Ob because it is twins.
MonkeeD is offline   Reply With Quote