PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Faith-based Support

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
duckysleepover

Send a message via Yahoo to duckysleepover
Smile How has God helped you in with your PCOS?

How has God helped you with you PCOS? I know that with me spiritually, my faith has grown. I'm learning that I need to be lending on God with everything and I mean everything. It's nice to know that God is the maker of Heaven and Earth and there is nothing that can separated us from his love. Praise God!
On a ttc break until Aug 2011! Then bring on the RE!
2 round of Injectables...one BFP..MC 05/30/09
3 rounds of Clomid...one BFP..MC 12/30/08
duckysleepover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
Lee

I think of it more like this... God allows me to have PCOS... why?

I have explored several possibilites...

1) a trial or tribulation to make me stronger
2) humble me from being vain or arrogant about my outer appearance
3) to remind me that life will be sooo much better when this world is through (eternal life)

"I can do all things,through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
pjs3902
PCOSuperStar!

Send a message via MSN to pjs3902

God calls us to hand everything over to him. I learned to do this with my PCOS. Once I was able to hand it to him, it wasn't long after that in the end of 2007 He told me that I would have "a child of mine in two thousand nine" it sounds cheezy, but on 4-24-09, i had my little girl

Me: 27 DH:28 Our babies:
Our first miracle: Alexaundra ElizabethJo~ bfp 8/10/08, born 4/24/09
Our second miracle: Mollie Reighnea~ bfp 1/5/10, born 9/3/10
Our third miracle: Jacob Andrew~ bfp 11/15/11, born 7/17/12

Weight loss journey~ started 5/6/13

Diagnosed in 2004, told in 2005 we'd never have kids- HA! We showed them!
pjs3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
rojareb

I was praying in Feb. this year and God told me that I was never going to have kids but he opened my womb and gave me a gift. My gift is my son Jonathan who's name means " Gift of God". I have prayed many times pouring my heart out to God and he has answered with " I have a plan for you" " You won't give birth to more children but you will be a mother to many" " I made you that way you are for a reason" " Jonathan has many brothers and sisters for all of my children are created with the same flesh and blood"

These things strengthen me when I am down!
rojareb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
KiddieNurse

Default God is Helping Me

Hey guys!!!

I have been dealing with PCOS for almost a year now. It's been a constant struggle but I am making it. Since being diagnosed in March 2009, I've lost about 17 lbs; but I was on Metformin at the time. As of last month (december), I have taken myself off of the medication. I just couldn't see myself taking this everyday for another year. So I've decided to put my full faith in God and I prayed to him for healing on the inside and out. But of course I have to do my part. This past Monday I have been eating better and exercising. I am taking it one day at a time. It's not easy but with God's help I know I can do it. I checked my weight this morning and I have already lost 1 pound in 2 days with just eating healthier and exercising. Oh, I also take a multivitamin and BC pill. On February 15th, I have an appt to see an Endocrinologist. I will basically tell him my story and that i will not be put on any medication. Also to schedule another check up to see my progress with just eating healthier and exercising more.

So to all of you, continue to put your faith and trust God. He has NEVER steared me wrong!!! I will pray for each and everyone of you. Together we can fight this.
KiddieNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
duckysleepover

thanks you ladies for sharing your encouragement and testimony. It is such a blessing to hear that God can really pull us ladies through this (PCOS). Even when it seems like the world (and I feel like sometimes its our bodies too) is against us. It's nice to know that God is in control and He really does care about us. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Cgwife23

I am Orthodox and definitely believe that God is the one in charge of what will happen. This is something I cannot control and I feel like I've put it in God's hands, but part of me still worries about it. How were you able to just not worry about it? I feel like between the labs and u/s I have to think about it. Please help! I don't think that God would not allow me to have a baby. I teach kids and love kids so much and Idk why I am not pregnant...Advice?
TTC since 09/07 and Clomid since 03/08
April 09-> Pregnant for the 1st time but ectopic
Clomid 50 mg -4-6 cycles (ovulated but no eggs?)
Clomid 100 mg - had 3 cycles...nothing
Thinking about shots? Taking a break this month from Clomid..
Cgwife23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
AmandaBmommyof3

Hello everyone, I just learned that i have pcos and its been really hard for me but i'm getting by. I'm a strong beliver in God just please pray for me that i can be strong and give this to God i'm on a few different meds right now that make me sick i have 3 children and a husband that need me but i just feel so weak i know things will get better i'm just having a hard time reading everyones messages up there give me much more faith Thank you all and God Bless
AmandaBmommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
ck_blondie

Amanda,

We all feel and know what you are going though. Somehow it will get better...whether they might need to find the right combo of medicine or something else.

How old are your children, could they help out around the house any?

Good luck and God is with you.
ck_blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
duckysleepover

Cgwife23-I think with us being human it comes naturally to worry. This is also when our faith is tested. Try not to lose heart. Hold on to this scripture. When I start to worry, I read this and it helps. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" -Prov 3:5-6.
It's hard because we don't fully understand why we don't have children/or have children yet. Know that God is in control and he is for you. He won't forsake you. He still loves you.
" The Lord is close to the Brokenhearted and saves those who are crush in spirit"-Psalm 34:18

Amanda-know that I'm praying that the Lord will give you strength and healing.