PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Faith-based Support

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
lovinglife0376

Default Please read

Todd (my dh) got this email today. I am sending it to everyone. Please do it, if you can!

Helping a birthday wish come true

Marines,

I received a rather simple request from a family friend and wanted to share with you. If you choose to assist, thank you. If you know someone else that would be willing to assist, please forward at your discretion.

A favor for anyone interested. Read this from a guy I was stationed with in the Marine Corps. His friend from high school is requesting assistance for his son. Help out if you can.

Tim Gibson, Marines:

We can do this, forward it to everyone you know. I went to High School with his dad. Letís show him what the Marine Corps is made of!

I am writing you this morning asking for a special favor, not for me, but for Hunter Scott, Maryland. Hunter is a 1st grader and will be having his 7th birthday on the 23rd of October. It will probably be his last birthday according to his doctors.

Hunter has been fighting brain cancer for the last three years and spent the entire summer on experimental programs that unfortunately did not help. When asked what he wanted for his birthday, he replied ďI want lots of birthday cardsĒ. What an unselfish request from a very ill child!

What I am asking is for you to forward this information onto all our friends in the Marine Corps to ask them to ask their friends and family, church, groups, kid school classes, etc to send cards to this little boy.

The cards can be mailed in bulk or individually to the following address:

Hunter Scott

c/o Jessica Koehn

PO Box 278

Saint Leonard, Maryland 20685

I know that out GREAT devil dogs from all over the country can make this happen for Hunter. Prayers are also being asked for him from his parents. Praise God he is saved!

Please mail the cards early so they can take them to him on the 23rd of October. A card and a stamp is not that expensive. Letís give this little boy his wish!

V/R,

John Holman

V/R David J. Burns