PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Partners

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Lee

Default hair and men

I posted this for the women so I thought I would post it here too... only I guess this would be asking what was YOUR reaction to what was told to you, or what you noticed etc..

"Does anyone have an example of where they decided to explain their "body hair" issues with a potential or already committed husband/boyfriend? What was his reaction? If you are together, does he ever comment on it? I am looking for both positive and negative responses... Thanks

please note: I am talking about ladies with the coarser thicker black hairs on the chin, arm, legs etc... ugh!"

thanks
"I can do all things,through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
sarahm1980

I never mention it unless they ask about it. My husband is well aware of it. I shave/pluck very regularly and I use Nair on my arms. I'm thankful that although the hairs on my chin are coarse, they're blond for the most part.
sarahm1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Angelica

Hi!

I haven't done that, I aware about my facial and body hair, It is embarrased to be so hairy and can't control it.
To be honest, I have tried to do it but at the moment I can't, I think the person would get scared to know where else I have hair.
Angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
APrado06

I haven't come straight out and told my fiance but I have been with him for 5 years. He is aware because I always have nair, razors, tweezers, waxing materials, and whatever else I can find that helps. He has never said anything. If they really care it really shouldn't matter. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time, even though I don't fell that way.
APrado06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
howdensl
Banned

I told husband when I first started dating him. He was very understanding and rarely says anything about it. He's never mean about it but has gotten to the point that I can count on him to let me know if I dont get the hair I try so hard to hide. He thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. He has even helped me tweeze and wax. If your bf or husband really cares, its not going to matter how much hair you have.
howdensl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
darlagonzalez63

I remember when I had my first experience with facial hair and my husband saw the hair and thought it was just a random hair stuck on my chin and he pulled it! I yelled and said OUCH what are you doing that was attached! he laughed and said that he was sorry....now whenever the hair comes I quickly get rid of it before he does! I have more of a problem on my belly...he has never said anything about that, I am though almost postive he does notice it....I try my best to shave it/pluck it...anything so it isn't there. I am way to embaraced to say anything to him about that though...I suppose it takes a lot ofself-confidence (that I am lacking) to say it anything and I do not feel that comfortable in my skin to discuss it with him...i have acne scars on my face and that for me is a hard to talk about...maybe one day..he is my husband after all!! Good Luck to you and best wishes! :P

BD'ing with no luck
Found out PCOS Dec, 09
Started 1000mg of met 1/17/10 ended it three months later...Didn't like the way it made me feel.

Starting first round of Clomid in Jan...It's going to be the start of a new year!
darlagonzalez63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Pigeon

My bf said "Guys dont care, it's the girls who care"
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Lucy256

Pigeon - I agree. I think we are more self conscious about it and the guys don't think it's as big of deal.

I have a problem with it on my belly too. I used to shave it, but that was a pain. Now I bleach it because once it's light it's hardly noticeable. My husband first noticed it when we went on a cruise when we were just engaged. I was going to be wearing a bikini, and he saw me bleaching it. I was just honest about what I was doing and he didn't make a big deal about it. As embarrassing as it is, I was relieved when I didn't have to hide it from him any more and he just accepts it.

howdensl - You're right, if your significant other really cares about you, they won't be worried about the hair.
BFP 5/18/11-8/27/11 lost our twin boys Alan and Blake at 18 weeks
3/22/12: HSG is all clear!
4/15/12: BFP with our rainbow baby!
Beta 12 dpo: 75; 14 dpo: 199
EDD: 12/26/12 ~ Our Christmas Baby! IT'S A GIRL!!

My Chart

Lucy256 is offline   Reply With Quote