PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

Default toddlers & tiaras--off the deep end?!?!?

What i want to know is, how could a mother let her 3yr old dress like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?!?!?!??!?! A prostitute, really?? Is she just trying to get more media buzz for her daughter and make money off it??

http://www.theinsider.com/screen/440...aks/index.html

edit:maybe i should've posted this under Social/Chit Chat. sorry!

Last edited by praises1139; 09-19-2011 at 05:21 PM.
praises1139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Jaydess

I agree with you... I've watched the show a few times, and SOME of the parents/kids are sweet. But the ones the show follows are NUTS. They're ruining their daughters' lives under the guise of beauty/vanity and pride! These little girls are going to grow up little psycho-brats, and their mothers deserve every moment of torture their children put them through. It's disgusting!

Jaydess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

It's true, the show focuses on the craziest people, for obvious reasons. I refused to watch it before but got curious lately. The ones that are brats really get on my nerves-- but they're like that because the parents let them! Don't the parents know they are freaks out there in cyberspace that are checking out their little girls? Scary
Old 09-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
karidpt
PCOSuperStar!

Send a message via Skype™ to karidpt

Some moms have it right, they make their daughter clap for the other girls....and their daughters know the mom is in charge and they respect that. But most moms on that show are nuts! One had twins nd called them the ugly one and pretty one.....poor children will have no self esteem.

I have lizzie in a pageant this weekens actually, but it is natural and you are disqualified if you use anything fake (hair, teeth, lashes, tans), make up, or any glitzy clothes. Plus all participants get a crown and scholarship money. It is for a charity....

Anyhow, obviously this is all for me to have fun with her, she is too young to "want" to do it, but its a fun way to play dress up and have a purpose for playing it....

I think pageants can be great doe children: build confidence, sportmanship, interview skills, poise, helps decrease stage fright, teaches kids to prqctice to be good at things.......the problem is, it has to be done with propee parenting.

The overcompetetive mom will downplay sportsmanship and diminish self esteem, which is borderline emotional abuse. There is a fine.......some of the parents so it right, but most od the ones they show dont. Its sad.

Ughhhh, and dont even get me started on the prostitute outfit, madonna cones, and dolly parton outfits! That is not teaching a good mesaage, just that madonna and solly are known dor their boobs/butt.....not cool.

My husband said that id i evee get like that he'll put an end to it. Of course I wont. I feel like I am a good parent and I will never do glitz.....so thats takes a ton of pressure off, plus when she is old enough to decide its her choice. But for now I will have fun playing natural dress up with her a few times a year
DS: 3/31/13 (my little heartbreaker)
DS2: 6/3/14 (mamas baby)

P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens)[/b][/size]
karidpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

I agree, there benefits of pageants and I know some very sweet women that did pageant growing up and they are successful, talented women now. They did not do glitz, and I don't know how glitz could possibly help self esteem!
I saw one woman on the show that kept talking about how beautiful her son was and how she didn't think her daughter was going to do that great. I wanted to slap her!
The other thing I don't get is how some families seem to be struggling financially yet they somehow have thousands of dollars to spend on this stuff, and some have multiple kids in pageants. But whatever!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
karidpt
PCOSuperStar!

I know! Their houses are in shambles, they pay thousands For those dresses! I would never pay anywherenear that for a dress, unless its her wedding dress!

I dont think they have any business spray tanning, getting nails done, chiropractor, massages, facials, highlights.......its crazy. Let them be kids. Let them dress up like princesses ans know they are beautiful naturally and dont need to be fake to be pretty. Makes me sad.

Yes its fun to play dress up, but not total extreme makeover, of a toddler!

Now I'm fired up, lol.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
karidpt
PCOSuperStar!

PS: the typos are courtesy of the Ipad, dont judge me, lol

Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

just FYI....on the Anderson talk show today (2pm EST) they're going to have moms from Toddlers & Tiaras...looks interesting
Femara/Gonal-f/Estrace/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Prog cycle #1: BFP! *twins*
prenatals, fish oil (contaminant free, with DHA/EPA)
HcG @15dpo-299, @18dpo-1,079; EDD 12/31; PTL @ 31wks
12-14-11 37w4d