PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Pregnancy

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
jlbroyles
PCOStar!

Send a message via AIM to jlbroyles
Default Fibroids during Pregnancy

I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and at my ultrasound this morning the tech asked me if I had ever been told that I have fibroids. Which I have never been told that. I have the normal PCOS ovaries. At my 6 week ultrasound no mention was made of fibroids. I was so excited about hearing the heartbeat and seeing the growth of the baby that I forgot about it and didn't ask what she meant by that. Are fibroids during pregnancy a problem? Anyone with any experience with this?
TTC #1 2003-2010
Clomid/Femara/6 IUI's- was told we were just "unlucky" and IVF was our only option
Natural BFP- 6/2010
History of miscarriage/incompetent cervix
Sophie Renee born 12/2/10 1lb 11oz Spent 76 days in NICU

Baby #2 on the way! Due 9/20/14

jlbroyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
rkingall

hi jbroyles -

first of all, congrats on your pregnancy! i remember you from way back on the fertility board.

i had fibroids removed back in 2006 when we were trying to get pg and couldn't. i had one pretty large one in the uterus and the OB thought it might have been a reason for infertility.

well, fast forward a couple years and 2 IVF cycles later when i was pg, i had an incident that i went to the ER for. turns out that the fibroids grew back. RE stated that it could have been a result of hormone treatment associated with IVF. there was nothing to do except monitor. i had more than the usual number of ultrasounds since my daughter's head was resting on one of them, apparently. but, my pregnancy was uneventful after that and i delivered a really healthy, almost-10 pound baby.

i had no pain or anything i could feel with the fibroids. i think the only thing the docs monitor for is if they grow larger. some do, some don't. but once you are pg, i can't imagine that there is anything to be done about it until after delivery.

happy & healthy!

-renee
1st FET: Failure
2nd IVF Cycle: 11/08 - BFP!!

http://reneekingofall.blogspot.com/
rkingall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
corinna

Send a message via Yahoo to corinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbroyles View Post
I'm almost 10 weeks pregnant and at my ultrasound this morning the tech asked me if I had ever been told that I have fibroids. Which I have never been told that. I have the normal PCOS ovaries. At my 6 week ultrasound no mention was made of fibroids. I was so excited about hearing the heartbeat and seeing the growth of the baby that I forgot about it and didn't ask what she meant by that. Are fibroids during pregnancy a problem? Anyone with any experience with this?
I had fibroids with my first pregnancy and learned all i could about them. what i can tell you is that the md will keep an eye on them via u/s for their growth as estrogen levels increase in pregnancy, they are stimulated by the hormone to grow as well. the good news is, they are usually rooted out during birth which is the best cure for them and do not usually grow back vs d&c etc.
corinna is offline   Reply With Quote