PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Moms


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 3,946
Default Interesting turn of events

So after using the last of our frozen embires in Dec-Jan, we had decided that we were done with fertility treatments and that we would just try naturally until ben turns 2 and then if we were still not PG that we would look into adoption.

Well the other day our RE called and wanted to check in with us and see how we were doing. He went on to tell us of a trial that is going on right now incase we were interested. (I am not nervous about the trial, that is how we got Ben). He then also went on to say that he would like to waive all his personal fees and drug fees. So instead of 10,000 to do IVF it would only cost us 3-5,000. This is an incredible offer and one I am not sure if we can pass up but I have some concerns . . .

1. What if I MC again? Can I really go through my 4th MC? That just might break me.

2. What if it doesnt work like last time? That was really hard and left me broken for awhile.

3. What if we get twins? DH REALLY does not want twins?

4. What if we get tons of embryos (last time we did IVF we got 10) and I had REALLY bad OHSS. We can only put in 2. So we are back to the issue of paying to freeze embryos that we wont use if the treatment works.

ARGHHH. . .. just when I was getting used to the idea that IVF was not an option for us. What should i do?
Me-31, DH-34
Facebook: Melissa Stone

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 887

That is a tough decision...if it were me I would go for it. I think you would always wonder 'what if' if you don't try. I know going through everything all over again would be hard and stressing about not knowing what the outcome could be but what if this is God's way of giving you another chance. What if this is how He wants you to have another child? Just my opinion I will pray for you and your DH...I know it is not an easy decision!
Me (Meghan)- 27 & DH (Nick)- 30
Married 6/10/06
dx w/ PCOS 4/08

Cora Hope born 5/26/09 @ 6lbs 4oz & 18 1/2 in

Liv Jessie born 6/20/11 @ 7lbs 9oz & 20 in

Baby #3
BFP 10/6/12-- Due 6/19/13
chinookpilotswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to ShesAWannaBeHero

Wow-what a neat 'opportunity' that has been placed in front of you! I too continue to pray God will let you know how he wants you and DH to proceed.

I'll just throw this out there that there are agencies out there that take and 'adopt' your frozen embryos to couples who cannot have children. And from the one I consider using for ours, they let you have as little or as much contact as you desire. So-that is just how I'm now dealing with remaining 6! lol.

But Meghan is right-what if is is how He wants you to have more children?

Keeping you in prayer about this.
Niki(31) -- DH (Joel-32)
Kaiden & Brenden born 6/8/09 after MANY years of praying and TTC!

ShesAWannaBeHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,055

oh mel....that is such a tough decision!! I would say go for it too, also because you would always wonder what if, and regret not trying. But as you said, you had just started getting closure to the whole process, so it is a very personal decision for you and Dh, and if I were in your shoes, I don't know if I could say so easily what I would do either.
Me (30) DH (32)
TTC #1 8/2004
Dx- 8/2006

BFP - June 21, 2007 -- angel baby June 25, 2007
BFP - July 25, 2007 blessed by God 3/27/08

TTC #2 8/2010 BFP -- November 24, 2010
Miracle #2 7/29/11

Check out my new blog: Experiences, & helpful information from a mom's perspective
Ideas about: Morning Sickness, Stretch marks, infants to preschooler, and many more tips
WOW Upside Down: www.wowupsidedown.com
QueenFroggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 3,978

Mel- Keep praying about it. Maybe this is God's way of telling you to keep trying. That's such a tough decision. I will be praying for you both to make the right decision. I'm so excited for you that you have this opportunity. When do you have to decide?
Meghan (30) & David (32)
Abigail Elise born 3/7/08
Samuel David born 4/18/11
Angel babies 4/23/07; 3/21/10; 9/25/12

megs&david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,732

wow Mel, what an opportunity. I can't help but think it is a sign...you conceived Ben on a trial too. It's definitely something to pray about. How long do you have to make a decision?
Me(32) DH(31)
Owen O'Neal 5-8-08
Annalyn Wright 7-12-10

Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,489

Mel- Tough decision, will be praying for you, but its hard not to say go for it, so I did!
TTC since 09/07
#1-Tried 3 rounds of clomid 100 mg and 1000mg of met. Switched to RE in 01/08 -1 round of clomid w/ trigger, 2nd round of clomid w/ trigger and IUI= Baby!
#2- Just happened!


ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,944

Mel -- this is a very personal and tough decision... but I agree that it may be the answer God is sending you... I know that you have prayed a lot for a second baby, maybe this is His way of saying "OK, here it is!". Will be praying for you
Vero 31 Pierre 31
Metformin + BBT chart ---> BFP! July 12, 2008
Paul 03/14/09 7 lbs 11.5 oz 19.75 inches
TTC#2 since 04/10 ---> BFP! October 19, 2010
Sam 06/07/11 6 lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches

Vero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 946

I know it is hard decision for you and dh, but I would say absolutely yes! So many wierd things happened to me the last 10 days that I thought were "signs", but didn't want to "give in" in fear of being disappointed. I truely believe this is a "sign" that came to you for a reason. Not many people get personal phone calls from REs offering free services.

Would your dh be more satisfied with just 1 rather than possibly 3???

Let us know what you decide...good luck friend!!!
Me 31, Dh 34

8 months of clomid = BFN's
1 month Femara, metformin, and trigger = BFP

6 months of Femara, metformin, and trigger = BFN
3/2010 IVF#1 -BFP m/c @10wks
8/2010 FET#1 -BFP 3 sacs, 2 heartbeats, m/c baby B - bittersweet

ladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,004

Mel, I agree with ladybug. I would say yes and take it as a sign. this doesn't, after all, happen to everyone! But, saying that, I do know that this is a personal decision and a tough one at that. You need to do what is right for you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers...

and as far as twins, if you are blessed with twins, that is what god wants for you. He may not want twins now, but if that were to happen, he would fall in love with both of them once they were born. my dh doesn't want twins either, but if we were blessed with them, he would warm up to the idea pretty quickly.

Aspiring midwife
Certified Birth Doula

DD July 2009 at 37wks 1day
DS January 2011 at 38wks 1d
Angel babies 8/12 & 12/12
honey19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.