PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #451
rita3110

karidpt
well i actually cant tell you anything about a diet.
im the same as you, dont have a IR and everytime it got checked i had very good levels (also in the lower range).about 8 month ago i started taking metformin ( i know its very controversial) but after about 4-5 month my cykle went from 60-80 days to like 31 days (always with ovulation)...so i believe it also works in women with no detectable IR..
ttc #1:
mc 10/2010;
third cycle that i ovulate (17/18/19 cd) on my own, but lpd
first round of clomid 50mg BFP!!!!!! 10dpo:hcg35 / 12dpo:hcg160/ 16dpo:hcg650
6/16 strong heartbeat!!!! Its a BOY
ttc #2:
3 natural cycles...still lpd :-(
- clomid,estrace,follistim : no o (probably due to estrace)
- letrozole 5mg,estrace, gonal f : BFN
- gonal f: cycle cancled/ drop of estradiol levels

rita3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #452
karidpt
PCOSuperStar!

Send a message via Skype™ to karidpt

Rita, i agree with you there. I think I flucuate.....i didnt pass the Glucose tolerance screen, but past the actual test with DD....so i guess its all relative as to what you have eaten and when....

Maybe ill try the low GI diet...not to lose weight of course but for fertility.
DS: 3/31/13 (my little heartbreaker)
DS2: 6/3/14 (mamas baby)

P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens)[/b][/size]
karidpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #453
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

Kari, were you fasting when you didn't pass? I'm guessing you were because they usually make you for do that for bloodwork, but for my glucola at 20wks, my OB said fasting is not required but she recommends it so you don't fail it unnecessarily.
I'd say it can't hurt to go gluten free but for me when I did low GI for a while, it made me lose weight, so I was slightly underweight. But maybe I didn't eat enough protein, I don't know. I had increased my protein when I cut down on carbs, so I thought my diet was fine. My insulin/glucose has always been fine, but I liked cutting the carbs because I think I was eating them too much and craving them--not good for anyone.
I read the glycemic load is more accurate than GI so at some point I tried to do lower GL instead.

Last edited by praises1139; 07-30-2011 at 01:59 PM.
praises1139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #454
TiffM630

Send a message via ICQ to TiffM630

My fasting glucose and insulin b/w comes back normal as well, but I truly believe I do have IR. Starting fresh w/ this cycle, I'm going to do the sugar busters diet. I have read the book and tried it in the past, it is really good---even if you aren't diabetic or IR! (let me clarify "good" as in healthy-not always yummy!!). The sugar busters works by minimizing the spikes in concentrated sugar meaning your body doesn't have to produce as much insulin in response. Maybe look at trying a low concentrated sugar diet.
TiffM630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #455
readytogo

Kari, like you I had no IR or blood sugar, etc. issues according to my doctor. But after reading enough literature about how every woman with PCOS is to some degree IR, I started seriously consider lifestyle adjustments. I really believe that going gluten free is what led me to my BFP. It's when I changed my diet and started exercising every day that I went from ovulating at CD50 or 60 or more to ovulating at CD30something. I could never achieve "perfect" cycles, but I really brought cycle length down with lifestyle adjustments. I wrote about exactly what I did in detail on my blog if you're interested in reading about my meals, etc.

http://literallyorganized.blogspot.c...s-arrival.html

I know we are all different, but my feeling was that after knowing a woman who controlled her thin PCOS through diet, it was worth trying. I did not lose any real weight doing this, maybe like two pounds, but that was fine. I essentially maintained weight because I made sure to eat plenty of protein throughout the day (and whole fat dairy helped, too). I also felt better than I have in my entire life, so I really believe that gluten was making me not feel as awesome. Of course, once I got pregnant, all I could eat first tri was gluten-based foods and fruits. Oh well. If you want more detail, feel free to message me!
Started TTC #1 July 2010
Dx Jan 2011
While TTC: Prenatal, vitex, red raspberry leaf, evening primrose/flaxseed oil, cod liver oil, B6, B12, D, E, gluten-free, daily exercise, no caffeine/minimal alcohol, pineapple core 1DPO-5DPO
While pregnant: Prenatal, B6, B12, D, Endometrin (through week 12)
BFP 4/24/11 10DPO!

Natalie Anna born 1/12/12

Last edited by readytogo; 07-31-2011 at 10:53 PM.
readytogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #456
Kima2222

Skinny cyster here....starting taking vitex for 2 months, finally started my period after 8 months of not getting it... face started clearing up, full length menstruation...now do you think I should continue taking vitex until I see if I get my period again? Any one else have experience with vitex?...wondering if the vitex was just a coincidence or if it actually worked..any information or personal experience with vitex is greatly appreciated!! Doctor said taking vitex can "only help" but thinks by taking vitex we will always be playing a catch up game on regulated our hormones for the next ovulation...vitex lowers testosterone yes?? or does it only increase estrogen levels?
Kima2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #457
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

Kima--i never tried Vitex but i read about it here..it talks about how it works. that's great that you got a period! i would keep taking it. i would like to try it in the future.
http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/vitex.html
Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #458
Kima2222

thanks..I kind of want to start saw palmetto too...any thoughts?
Kima2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #459
praises1139
PCOSuperStar!

the same website above has an article about saw palmetto too. i've heard it's beneficial, but not sure if it's ok for TTC.

Tags
pcos, thin, ttc