PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
PunkinSpice
PCOStar!

[quote="melfab15"]today is CD 2 and today I went for me RE appt. I had a unrine HPT test to confirm that I am not PG (im not- ha ha),

Mel-don't you love how they do that-then they call us and tell us-I always feel like saying "DUH". LOL :lol:

Congrats on giving yourself the shot! I did too on Friday for the first time (DH was upset over the child support increase and went for a drive so I didn't want to bother him when he got back). I also did it last night too because DH was eating dinner when I needed it and again, I didn't want to bother him (not that he minds at all). When I give it to myself, I stand up, when he gives it to me, I lay on the couch. I actually prefer to give it to myself now, but I know that would disappoint him cuz he likes feeling involved.

I am on 100iu's and I'm not thinking I will get OHSS due to the fact that they aren't really growing! LOL ALthough the RE's office said that I have two that are just about 10mm so they want to keep me on the same dose-hoping only those two will cont to grow and the rest will stay under 10. They may bump me up and then back down at one point they said.
Nicci: 15yrs old (foster-adopt)
K: 17yr old female (foster)

Yup-there's five of them now! LOL

PunkinSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #22
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

mel- do you still have your period? Sorry if you don't want to share that, but I was just wondering....I am supposed to go in for b/w and u/s and can't remember if they will have me starting the meds with my period or not. Then again, mine are usually fierce and short lately being on the meds.

tryin'4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #23
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

tryin'4#1: you can ask me anything. Actually this month, Af was really late but she came on a Friday and was gone by monday. That is short for me. it stopped 2 days after the first shot. Also, I only really bled friday and saturday, sunday and monday were just really light spotting (didnt even use a tampon, just a liner.)

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #24
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

Ok- I am having HOT FLASHES so bad and night sweats from the lupron. It doesn't help that it is about 95 degrees out either! I hate sweating at night...anyone else having other symptoms?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #25
sageandsam

Hey IVF ladies: I have a question for you. I think I am misinformed about something here. I thought that O'ing was the problem with PCOS, and that you have to O to do IVF. So why would you need to do IVF? I mean, if you can O, and you have open tubes, then you can get preg without IVF, and IVF costs like $15k, so why do it? Sorry if I am an ignorant fool, I have just been wondering about this for a while and wondering if I might eventually need to do IVF, too.
Don't some RE's push IVF on patients because it is a big money maker? So how do you know if you really need it or if they are just after your money?
Thanks for clearing this up for me!
I am praying for all of you to have successful IVFs this round.
sageandsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #26
rkingall

you can still O and be a candidate for IVF for a myriad of reasons, mostly which have to do with timing, tubes, tipped uterus, sperm motility, age, etc. there are plenty of us who O, menstruate, and have DH's with fine counts that just can't get pg the usual way.

as for the $ thing, well, i can't really say. i personally think that the RE practice i go to is dedicted to exhausting all other options before IVF. so far, that has been the plan with me. unfortunately, i am running out of options now, and IVF is the next step.
1st FET: Failure
2nd IVF Cycle: 11/08 - BFP!!

http://reneekingofall.blogspot.com/
rkingall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #27
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

sageandsam- I have tried 4 cycles of injectibles which did get me to O with the help of Ovidrel. We also did IUI with 3 of those cycles, even though my DH does not have any male infertility issues. With the stimmulating meds, you have the risk of overstimming, therefore cancelling a cycle or maybe ending up with too many eggs and maybe too many babies. The IVF is more controled. They still give you the stimming meds, even more, so that you create lots of follies. You will then take a few shots of HCG (2 shots of Ovidrel in my case) and that will lead you to O, have the follies release the eggs. The eggs DO NOT go through your tubes or anything- the RE retrieves them through your vaginal wall while you are sedated. This way they can try to get lots of eggs to attempt to fertilize. It also helps for those who are able to ovulate but have tube problems I guess (I dont' know much about that side of it). The success rate for injectibles with IUI is about 25-30% chance of a pregnancy and the success rate for IVF for my age group is about 50%. Did I answer your questions? I dont' think my RE is out just for the IVF because quite honestly, I have spent more (insurance has) on the meds than even one cycle of IVF costs. If I get eggs to freeze, I will not have to go back on injections and such. I will only need to take some estrogen and progesterone supplements. Let's hope it works this time.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #28
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

sageandsam: I have tried IUIs, injections, clomid, etc and it is just not working for me. I O on met but things are just not meeting and sticking if you know what I mean. So my RE found a trial for me so that I can afford IVF. It is 3,000 instead of 15,000-20,000. I think that you have to really trust your RE and know that he wants what is best for you. I totally trust my RE so I believe him when he says I should try this trial.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #29
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

STIMULATION DAY 5: Ok girls, I am doing EGG-celent. Ha ha. I have at least 15 eggs on both my right and left ovary and they are all 10-12mm each. My RE says that I am doing beautifully. I am going back on Friday at 8:15 am. I am still taking Follistim 200 units per day in the morning and starting today i also started antagon in my leg (i forget the dose). Let me just be really honest here, the leg shot is HELL!!!!!!!! It burns, it makes your thigh bright red, and it itches. Also you can not rub it so it just gets stuck there. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I now do the follistim and the antigon (ganirelex) each morning.

Let me be honest about other things (TMI) my CM is out of control (like never before) I am constipated, headaches, hot flashes, back pain, pants are starting not to fit.

I do not want to scare anybody but this is what it is like for me, and I just want this thread to be upfront and honest. I am really tired and have a huge headache so I am going to take a nap.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #30
sageandsam

Thanks for explaining it to me ladies!
sageandsam is offline   Reply With Quote