PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #2081
lighthouse830
PCOStar!

jess- It would be awesome if we were all timed together LOL I get excited when I read about someone's numbers, ER, ET, etc. I can't wait to see how your next cycle goes- I agree with you about doing another fresh for the insurance purposes.
When you coasted, was it just the lupron? Did the follies just mature more while you coasted? How many days? Sorry, a lot of questions. I'm just so curious how everyone's cycles are so that I know what to expect. Tonight I took my gonal-F but I think it wasn't a full dose. It's so hard for me to figure out when the arrow is completely showing. It would be one click short, but I can't do one click's worth on a new pen anyways, and I would rather under-dose by a little than overdose, KWIM? I like the follistim pen way better! It was much more user-friendly in my opinion.
The hcg really seems to be taking a while for it to go back to zero. Is that what they expected? I hope that you're feeling better physically. I know emotional healing takes way longer, but if the physical pain starts to go away it's a start.

lighthouse830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #2082
lighthouse830
PCOStar!

Well, I had 3 measurable follies today and multiple smaller ones (cd 8 today). E2 was 651. They're having me do 150 gonal-f and 5 lupron for another 2 nights and I go back Saturday to see what's growing. They figure I'll be having my ER in the August 6-8th timeframe. It seems like it's coming up fast!

How are you doing, Lace?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #2083
jessicaileen
PCOSuperStar!

lighthouse - I don't have to use Lupron since my ovaries don't do anything on their own (I don't ovulate and don't get a period). So basically, they induce my period with provera, then I start right into stims - no need for lupron. Which really benefited me because I was able to trigger with Lupron instead and made my OHSS feel so much better than when I've used HCG. On CD7 my LH started to rise so that's when I started to do my Ganirelex injections to supress premature ovulation (just as your lupron does). My follicles did grow after I stopped the follistim. I coasted for 2 days, (CD10-11) then on CD12 I triggered with Lupron. Don't feel bad about asking questions...I'm like you and always like to compare my cycles. I see your recent post about your CD8 u/s and bw. Let me look up mine....CD8 was just a bw day for me and my E2 was 1208 a day later my E2 was 2225 and I had 24 measurable follicles. But remember, everyone is very different. You sound like your doing just fine.

Lace - How are you feeling? Are you ready for the big day Saturday???

So today was my much anticipated appointment with my RE. He said that it's just unlucky that I had two abnormal pregnancies and it doesn't mean that I can't have a healthy one. So there is hope! He was fine with me doing another fresh and he reviewed my cycles and decided to put me this time on PIO shots instead of Endometrin so that he can monitor me with bw. (Endometrin can't be measured in bw) So that made me happy, even though I dread those shots. He also said that he's going to stim me the same exact way as last time since I responded so well and got so many mature eggs. He is sure that I will OHSS so he already said I'm going to trigger with Lupron again. Every 6 months at this RE, they require IVF patients to get their STD bw, prolactin, etc done along with an sonohysterogram (SHG) and my 6 months was up in June so I'll have to get this done ASAP. Hopefully my next bw on Tuesday next week will be a negative beta then he said that I can cycle with my next period! Which is only about 3 weeks away!

Ohhh...and my RE actually said that I have a "donor" response. I didn't understand what he meant and he said that the way I stim is exactly what they want out of their donor egg clients (lots and lots of mature healthy eggs from one ER) and that I should consider it sometime if I'd be up to it. Hmm...wonder how much money I could make from it to help with all these IVF bills? haha

TI, IUIs...nothing worked, 2 Fresh IVFs + 2 FETs = 2 negatives and 2 miscarriages....then on the 5th attempt at IVF....
Oct 2009 - FET 10/27/09 = BFP! - Camden Charles born 7/7/10
6th IVF transfer....
Oct 2011 - FET 10/19/11 = BFP! - Austin Jules born 7/1/12
jessicaileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #2084
lighthouse830
PCOStar!

wow, jess, that's great that you're going to start a cycle in 3 weeks! Very exciting I hate the hcg trigger. I get so bloated with it- and that was with only the follistim or clomid IUI cycles where I only had 1 or 2 follies mature. I'm worried about the amount of bloating I'll have this cycle because I'm doing ovidrel again! I bet you'd do very well as a donor. I wonder how much you'd get? That certainly would help pay the bill. Ask him for a trade LOL.... You should check to see what you'd get at the other RE also if you're serious.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #2085
blondie

Lighthouse-sounds like you're doing just fine-all those smaller follies will be measurable before too long Everyone responds differently-but slow, steady growth is good for egg quality. Hang in there!

Lace-how are you feeling?

Jess- glad you appt went well! Wow it sounds like you'll be starting again soon Yay!!! I've always done the PIO shots (which aren't too bad) except-just to warn you, when I have OHSS and am queasy/nauseated it's hard for me to turn around with the big bloated belly and give it to myself because it takes awhile to inject (and doing so made me lightheaded)-so, I have to have my DH push the syringe for me during that time.
Also, my RE always prescribes starting the day after ER -Dostinex 0.5mg/every other day until preg test to help lessen OHSS (it decreases prolactin levels)-I didn't have it the first time and since then it's helped with previous cycles I think.
7/07-1/08-IUI x5=BFN
IVF#1 7/08 OHSS
FET#1 9/08 no ET
IVF#2 11/08 3 d3=BFN
IVF#3 1/09 4 d2=BFN
IVF#4 4/09 11 blasts frozen
FET #2 6/09 3 blasts=BFN
FET #3 10/09 3 blasts=BFN
IVF #5 2/10 2d5=BFP! *It's a GIRL!* cerclage@14wks

IC, PROM@32wks, born@33wks (18days in NICU)

TTC#2
FET 2/12-BFP! *It's a boy*
cerclage @13wks, bed rest for 10.5 wks!
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #2086
msmarylance

Send a message via AIM to msmarylance

Jess - That is great that you are starting another fresh cycle so soon! I hope this is your lucky cycle.
About the PIO shots ... I was a CHICKEN with needles, which made me really nervous about IVF when I was going through it... there were many times that I would literally stand there holding the needle and crying. Eventually, DH just did all the shots for me.... and I have to say, they weren't that bad (other than my own anxiety)... they never really hurt.. but I did ice before hand and then put a heating pad on them after!

Good luck to all of you in your cycles! Praying for BFP's for all of you!!! :-)
msmarylance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #2087
Lace

Hey all-
I am doing ok buuuut- I swear that everything with my body is hormonally off!!! I had that horrible yeast infection before and now today I woke up with a killer cold sore. My lip is throbbing..omg it hurts and I just keep thinking- I know this sounds crazy but I keep thinking my body is so out of whack right now that I have the transfer tomorrow and maybe my body won't accept the embryos because I am so off right now???!!!! Crazy thought but I just feel like my body has been having a hard time through all the hormone changes. I don't know other than that- I am super excited about tomorrow!!!!

Jess- how exciting that you will be starting a fresh cycle soon!!! It sounds like a good plan and you are def an awesome responder!! Seriously think about the donor thing.

Blondie- I can't wait for tomorrow- it's intense knowing that this could be it soooo exciting!

Lighthouse- the numbers sound good and they are steadily growing- we can think of each other both at the doctor on sat- good luck and lots of positive vibes hahaha
TTC #1 since 6/08
Dx with PCOS 2/09
IVF#1 7/09- BFP on 8/10/09 DS born 4/4/10
TTC#2 since 2/11
IVF#2 5/11- BFP on 6/15/11
missed miscarriage D&C on 7/25/11
FET#1 10/11
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #2088
lighthouse830
PCOStar!

lace- I feel the same about getting sick. It always have some sort of sickness that comes about in my 2ww and I always think "OMG, this is going to screw it all up!" I wouldn't worry too much about the cold sore, just think sticky thoughts I'll be thinking of you saturday! Have you heard anything about the embies yet? I don't know when they tell you what's going on. Do you have any bloating from the ER?

msmarylance- how are you doing? I remember reading about your experience

blondie- I'm hoping slow & steady will do it for me We'll see how I'm progressing tomorrow morning!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #2089
snarkysharky

Default OHSS question

Hi ladies ... I have been reading your posts religiously for awhile now, have wanted to jump in but haven't ... until now

I need some of your expertise. I've read a lot on OHSS. I was just converted from an IUI to IVF (I think Blondie invited me over here a few weeks back - thanks!) because I was overstimulated. Well, all said and done, I had 11 embryos retrieved but only 3 were mature - only 2 fertilized and were transfered. After ER I immediately bloated up but it calmed down and by Day 3 I was good to go. Well, in the last few days, my belly has bloated up again. It's incredilby uncomfortable bordering on painful and I look 4 months pregnant. I'm still eating (way too much) though so I can't be that bad. I'm drinking gatorade and lots of fluids .... so I guess my question is how do you know when it's severe OHSS? How long can I expect this to last? I'm out of order these days because it hurts to walk - I'm hunched over. Am I just sucky? 3 mature follices can not be the cause this much pain, no matter how many little ones there were.

Anyway, your experiences/knowledge would be appreciated. I hate the fact that anyone has to go through this to have a child. I am crossing my fingers for all of you.
snarkysharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #2090
jessicaileen
PCOSuperStar!

snarky - You need to weigh yourself every morning and see if your weight increases by 2 lbs a day, call your RE immediately. Also, when I got my OHSS, i noticed that just sitting my breathing was a little harder. Look at your pee too...if it gets darker (looks like tea) that is another problem and you need to call your RE. From the problems your experiencing already, I would call your RE just to let them know what's going on. Remember, it's your health at risk so don't think your being a baby - OHSS is very serious and your RE has no way of knowing that anything is wrong unless you tell them. When was your ET? The reason I ask is (not to get your hopes up) but if you get pregnant from this cycle, the OHSS can get worse due to increased hormones with the pregnancy.

TI, IUIs...nothing worked, 2 Fresh IVFs + 2 FETs = 2 negatives and 2 miscarriages....then on the 5th attempt at IVF....
Oct 2009 - FET 10/27/09 = BFP! - Camden Charles born 7/7/10
6th IVF transfer....
Oct 2011 - FET 10/19/11 = BFP! - Austin Jules born 7/1/12
jessicaileen is offline   Reply With Quote