PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Molly

Exclamation Scared!!

I'm supposed to be 11 weeks tomorrow. Had a very quick very basic ultrasound today where OB listened for heartbeat via handheld speaker then hooked it up to the monitor to see it beating. Soon after I started getting leg cramps just like I used to get right before my period. I looked it up and it said leg cramps were normal. Then just now I felt a gush and went to the bathroom to find a light brown yellowish watery like discharge had soaked through my pants and when I peed there were a few raisin sized clumps also very light brown almost yellow. And now I'm having light cramps. Does anyone know what this is??? I'm so scared I'm going to miscarry tonight. I called the after hours line and a doctor called me back and said to just wait and see what happens tonight. If I start bleeding, I'm supposed to call back. But, he wants me to take it easy this weekend and call on Monday. If anyone has had this, knows what's going on, please let me know. You can message me privately if you want to. Thanks
Metformin 1500mg + Prenatal
Tried Ovarian Drilling, Clomid, Dexamethasone, Femera, Bravelle, and IUI...all unsuccessful.
IVF#1 May 5, 2012 resulted in my first ever BFP!

Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
chelseaf
PCOStar!

Send a message via AIM to chelseaf

I've had so much bleeding with this pregnancy, it's ridiculous! Sometimes it just happens. One time I had a horrible pain on my left side followed by bleeding. Went to the ER and everything was ok. Next time I had back pain and like I was getting my period, followed by bleeding. Found the HB on the doppler and everything is ok. I even had the gush like thing you described followed by bleeding at about 11 weeks. It has been so strange! They don't know what's causing it, but it keeps happening. Baby has always been ok though.

Did you have a transvaginal ultrasound? That could have irritated your cervix a little bit and and made this happen. I would just keep an eye on things. If you're really worried you can head to the ER and they can do another u/s to give you reassurance. I know it's really hard not to worry!
chelseaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Molly

Thank you so much for your reply!! I've been trying to find anything similar online but all I can find is women having a little brown spotting when they wipe. Nobody has mentioned the gushing like experience, so it's comforting to know someone else had it and everything is okay. I'm really lucky I had a u/s today or I would probably be going more crazy than I already am. I just hope it goes away and I can be seen on Monday. No, this was my first ever ultrasound via top of my stomach. He had a hard time finding the heartbeat, said he could hear it, but couldn't get it clear enough to show me. So, he hooked it up to the monitor and showed me the tiny beating heart. I wish I could have heard it too. The cramping is scaring me more than anything, but it's not severe, just mild. It's a pressing sort of feeling right now right where I've always felt the baby to be on my left side of my uterus. It was a mild cramp that felt like it was along the bottom of my uterus. I haven't done anything active to cause it. I do have to work this weekend, but I'll try to take it easy and hope it goes away.
Tried Ovarian Drilling, Clomid, Dexamethasone, Femera, Bravelle, and IUI...all unsuccessful.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
chelseaf
PCOStar!

Yes, try to take it as easy as you can. Are you bleeding or spotting any more? I'm hoping the cramping goes away soon! Is it really cramping or just a soreness? It could be round ligament pain too.
TTC#1 since 11/07 - after many failed/canceled cycles BFP 10/24/09
TTC#2 10/11 - injections & TI BFP 11/05/11, ectopic 11/18/11 <3 Always in my heart
4/12 - injections & TI BFP 4/24/2012

Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Molly

It was mild cramping, but I think it has stopped now. No more discharge so far. I sure hope it's done and everything is okay. It's almost 1 in the morning here and my eyes are burning from crying, so I'm going to try to just crash and get some sleep before work tomorrow. Thank you so much for your support! I'm so lucky you were around tonight.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Ginger12

keep us posted Molly, I will be thinking of you. That is very scary.

4 Angel babies
DD Dec 3rd 2010
DS Feb 25th 2013

Ginger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Molly

Thanks Ginger! I made it through the night no blood and no more cramps. Now it's only happening when I wipe, sometimes a lot more than others, but no more gushing so far and it's getting lighter. It's pretty much yellow now. I know this is so gross, but it looks like I blew my nose while having a cold or something. I wonder if it's some type of infection, but I have no other symptoms down there. No itching or burning or anything like that. I do feel like I'm coming down with a cold or sinus infection, but not sure if that's just allergies or from all the crying last night. Monday can't get here fast enough. I want to get to the bottom of this. But, at least I'm not terrified anymore...just a little worried.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Ginger12

do you think it could be your mucus plug? I know if it were me and given my history I would have went right to the hospital just to be sure.

4 Angel babies
DD Dec 3rd 2010
DS Feb 25th 2013

Ginger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
chelseaf
PCOStar!

You get increased and weird discharge while pregnant. You could have an infection, but I would think you would have some irritation along with it. Does the discharge have any sort of smell to it? If there's a fishy type of smell it could be BV, but I think it's kind of unlikely with no irritation. Just let them know Monday and maybe they'll have you come in for a vag culture. Glad that it's stopped!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
Molly

I wondered about the plug but it was so watery and it stopped. Since the cramping went away and I still have all my other symptoms like morning sickness, I'll just wait until Monday. If I'm able to carry to term I have a feeling it's going to be a long lot of worrying.

No, there was absolutely no odor so that was confusing. I'll definitely call on Monday and see if they'll do a culture and ultrasound.