PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #41
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

Monkee: I am glad that you are getting rolling on the meds. I wish you a great IVF experience with lots of eggies and a baby or two :wink:

STIMULATION DAY 7: Ok well, the appt went well toay. I had bloodwork, US, shot in my thigh and shot in my stomach.

The RE said that my little eggies are growing well. They are all at 12-16mm. The RE said that I should be feeling worse from here until they do the trerival which should be in just a few days. They can not do the retrival until the eggs are 18mm, so hopefully that will come soon. I go back tomorrow for more bloodwork, another US and probably more shots. (follistim dose dropped from 100 to 50) (still taking ganirelex injections into thigh)

I am still feeling bloated, back pains, headaches, and ovary pains. It is now even getting painful to walk. I just keep telling myself that this will all be worth it, if it means we can have a baby.

TTC #1: 3 years [3 Angels (4/07 & 8/07 & 12/07)]
BFP: DS- Ben [IVF #2 and by God's Grace (11/07)]
TTC #2: 1yr 11mo [IVF #3 (1/10) BFN]
BFP: DS- Nathan [BFP 6/16/10: natural surprise- Thank you Lord for saying YES]

melfab15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #42
debbymc4
PCOStar!

Hang in there, Mel. Only a few more days to go, and think of all the eggs you'll have!!!!

debbymc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #43
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

Mel- did they say you are getting OHSS? I guess with IVF you would get some. You are off for the summer, right? Can you take anything for your back pain like Alieve or Tylenol? Any news on your E2 level?

Monkee- sounds like my plan and your plan are very similar.

I am still waiting for AF to start- starting to get crampy, so maybe she is on her way. I want her to come soon because I don't want to run into missing days of school. I dont' start until the 27th, so I was hoping to be finished before then.

Ok, talk to you later!

tryin'4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #44
MonkeeD

Mel - Hang in there! It will be well worth it in the end

Tryin - Will you start BCP once AF arrives?

I started my Lupron last night. So now I will do a week of both BCP and Lupron. My last BCP will be on Friday (Aug 10)....and I should get AF a couple days later.

I have been trying to do a low GI diet. And now I am also following some of the diet recommendations in my chinese medicine book (The Infertility Cure). It basically recommends whole grains, certain fruits, barley, etc.. And it recommends wheat germ. I live right near a Whole Foods (organic type grocery store)....so I have become a bit obsessed with buying GRAINS. LOL. I bought wheat germ last night & sprinkled it on my cereal this morning. I think I put a bit too much....it wasn't very good. LOL. DH is laughing b/c when he was growing up, his mom put wheat germ in EVERYTHING....pancakes, cupcakes, etc... She would sneak it in everywhere. He said he will not be touching my bag of wheat germ.

So far....no symptoms from the Lupron, but I have only done one shot.
MonkeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #45
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

STIMULATION DAY 8: so today was quite double sided as far as my feelings are concerned.

Good news: my eggs are getting HUGE they are all almost 17mm-19mm. I still have about 30-35 total eggs. I will probably get my HCG tomorrow and do the retrival on tuesday. Other good news, my mock transfer went well today which is great news becuase if they had dialate my cervix without any drugs would be just about the worst thing that i have ever gone through (or so I am told).

Bad news: my RE said that I am sooo stimulated that he thinks once they do the retrival I was hyper-stimulate sooo bad that they will not be able to do the transfer. I will have to wait till AF comes and then take injections to build up the lining and then do the transfer in a month or two. This was really had for me to hear becuase this would be the beginning of school time and I can not take off school at the beginning.

Prayers: please pray that things with the retrival go smoothly and that I do not severly hyper stimulate so that we can go ahead with the retrival this month.

Meds: still taking ganirelex. Follistim reduced from 50 to 12.5

Here is a picture of how big my follies are on day 8 of my cycle. This is the front side of the right ovary. LOL (they are not circular becuase there are too many and they are getting squished!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #46
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

ha ha! Its like they (the follies) are smiling at me!

*Maybe it is a sign of good luck

Old 08-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #47
debbymc4
PCOStar!

My first IUI, he dialated my cervix without anesthesia. I can attest that it is really not fun at all.

debbymc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #48
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

mel- I am so sorry- is there any chance that you will be able to do the transfer? Will it still be covered by the study? I hope it all works out!

Monkee- any side effects from the Lupron? I did feel them the first day! So far it looked like you hadn't- that is good! I already took BCP's so I will not need to start them.

AF came today- I guess that means I go this week, maybe Monday, for u/s and b/w. That means more shots starting soon.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #49
melfab15
PCOSuperStar!

tryin: congrats on AF! I am so excited for you to being this new journey. buckle your seat belt is can be a wild ride! :wink:

there is still a chance that we might be able to do the transfer is my estrogen leves do not get too high and if I am feeling ok. I really want to do it right away and told DH I just might lie and say that I feel fine. He said that if I am too stimulated there is nothing wrong with the PG I will just feel less comfortable. (oh well . . .) If we do have to wait though, it should still be covered by the study.

Interesting fact for IVF-ers: DO you know that if you are under age 35 and you do IVF you have approx a 70% chance of PG with FRESH embryos but only a 25% chance with FROZEN embryos?!?!?!?!? That sucks!!

Old 08-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #50
tryin'4#1
PCOStar!

My RE's stats at their office are about the same for fresh versus frozen- for someone under age 35 it was I think 53% for fresh, 50% for frozen. I guess each office would have different success rates. The rates posted for my RE's office were from the year 2006, January 1 through December 31.