PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSupport Connections > Alabama

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Hbrit

Send a message via Yahoo to Hbrit
Question I feel lost

I am 20 about to be marred me and my hubby wants kids but I just found out that I have pcos. So having kids is going to be hard. The said part is that noone I knows has pcos but me I feel like a freak. My hubby tells me that it is ok if we never have kids but how can I ask him to give up the one thing he wants more than any thing (fatherhood)? I have noone to talk to about this to. I feel so lost
Hbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
howdensl
Banned

I completely understand this feeling that you are having. Its very hard to make that decision. I'm 20 as well and my husband wants kids as well. I was very concerned with how he would take it if we can't have kids. I can tell you though if he's in love with you, it really doesn't matter to him if you have kids, just that you are both together. I know I'm not where you are but I will be your friend on here if you need someone to talk to. Its hard to come to terms with everything but there are many many success stories for women with PCOS and getting pregnant. Don't give up hope on having kids before you even try to do so. Believe me, you'll be happy with your future husband. Don't make yourself or him suffer because you don't know for sure if you'll have kids. Be happy for your upcoming wedding and know that you will always be happy with having each other. Everything else will come with time, and the best part is no matter what happens, you'll have one another to turn to.
howdensl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
Hbrit

Send a message via Yahoo to Hbrit

Thank you so much. It is great knowing that there are people who can understand where I am coming from. Thank you for being nice
Hbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
howdensl
Banned

I really do understand and I'm not just being nice. I'm here because I do care how this effects others that have it too. Don't lose hope before you even try. And love your husband to be no matter what.
howdensl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
inheksignisse

Send a message via ICQ to inheksignisse

Если Вам нужна кисть малярная широкая, то наш интернет магазин является хорошим решением . Огромный ассортимент продукции порадует Вас весьма сильно.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
whatablonde1416

Don't be discouraged about the diagnoses. It's a good thing you have been diagnosed which I know is not comforting with wanting children. I was diagnosed when I was 12 and every single woman on my mother's side of the family has PCOS and only two of us have ever been formally diagnosed. Fortunately, only my Grandmother had trouble getting pregnant and end up having three daughters. The good thing is that you are still very young!!! Do your own research and educated yourself about PCOS as much as possible because sadly most doctors don't know enough about the condition. Even GYNs and Ends who say they specialize in PCOS sometimes do not even know the correct treatment. But from what I have heard and understand the fertility and reproductive docs really know their stuff when it comes to dealing with women with PCOS. One of the best sources for info is the PCOS center at the University of Chicago here is their website www.uchospitals.edu they have the most update treatment info and are one of the only places that does research on PCOS. A very close friend of mine when trying to have children was not has any success. She was 32 or 33 at the time and was diagnosed with PCOS. She was put on Metformin (Glucophage) and in 2 months was pregnant. Your best weapon with PCOS is knowledge it is important to understand the root cause of PCOS and do not let any doctor push you around about what the cause is and treatment. Remember just because they have a medical degree doesn't mean they are God and know everything. Best of luck to you!
whatablonde1416 is offline   Reply With Quote