PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lavender

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Rebjbre

Post Recently diagnosed w/PCOS

My name is Rebecca...I am 27 years old, bi, happily married and healthy with the exception of PCOS. I was recently diagnosed on October 19. I had symptoms of PCOS for years but could never find a doctor willing to go the extra mile to ensure an accurate diagnosis. I now have a wonderful gynecologist in Scottsdale. At this point I am nervous...I have yet to discuss possible options with my doctor. In the meantime, I have been researching PCOS. My appointment is on Wednesday. I don't have any children...but would love to have them! I am just looking for moral support and others such as myself to relate to as I begin my journey through this.
Rebjbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
horPhale73

Send a message via ICQ to horPhale73
Default Recently diagnosed w/PCOS

need to lose weight? Recently I was diagnosed as being diabetic, and i need to lose weight... What steps should i follow?
horPhale73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
vwladybug22187

Send a message via AIM to vwladybug22187 Send a message via MSN to vwladybug22187

My doctor gave me a pamphlet on a 1200 calorie diet that I am supposed to follow.. I don't know if that helps or not. I don't know how I will be able to eat only 1200 calories, or if that really is enough to sustain a body.. but we'll see..
vwladybug22187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
karasmattic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horPhale73 View Post
need to lose weight? Recently I was diagnosed as being diabetic, and i need to lose weight... What steps should i follow?
Low refined carb diet- high fiber, and high protein.

Basically... eat lots of fresh veggies, fruits, whole grains, seeds and nuts, and lean meats.

Eat as natural as possible, less chemicals for your body to procress aka more energy for you!
karasmattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
karasmattic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwladybug22187 View Post
My doctor gave me a pamphlet on a 1200 calorie diet that I am supposed to follow.. I don't know if that helps or not. I don't know how I will be able to eat only 1200 calories, or if that really is enough to sustain a body.. but we'll see..
Same advice as I gave to the last girl... 1200 calories sounds good, but it depends on your height/weight/body type.

The general rule for anyone is whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds, lean meats. Eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism on a roll. You'll feel so much better, and you'll find that eating healthier means you're eating less calories.

Avoid avoid avoidddddd refined carbs and sugar! It will weigh you down and your body doesn't need them.
karasmattic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lgbt, pcos