PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Lifestyle - Diet and Exercise

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
HBKiki

Okay that didn't come out all big like I had hoped. Anyway... if you have any tips let me know
Old 08-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Jaydess

Yeah, I've found people at work don't tend to be too supportive. I WAS working at a salon with a bunch of girls who like to go out bar hopping and such, and I just can't drink that much. (And shouldn't anyway, as alcholism runs in the fam!) Then, on top of it, they thought my panic attacks had to do with stuff at work, when it's just the hormone imbalances and such... *sigh* Some people just can't get it through their thick skulls that this ISN'T something we can control!

And, as far as falling off the band wagon, yes, I have too! I have a decent excuse, granted, but it's going to feel good to get back to my exercise routine.
Speaking of exercise, anyone here do pilates? My fiance has a bunch of dvds, and I'm thinking about getting into doing those every day. (YES, he's a guy... But he has some health problems too. He has to be careful what kind of workout he does, because he has Fabry's Syndrome, which means his body doesn't know how to sweat.) I just want to know what kind of results other cysters have had with pilates, and any advice anyone may have!

Jaydess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
JessicaAnn

I'd like to join for the month of August. Do you need my info?

Name: Jessica
Starting Weight: 204.5 (my weight as of this morning)
Goal for August: 198.5 (-6 lbs)

I'm going on vacation for a week next week so I'm not going to try for anything crazy!

JessicaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #14
HBKiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaAnn View Post
I'd like to join for the month of August. Do you need my info?

Name: Jessica
Starting Weight: 204.5 (my weight as of this morning)
Goal for August: 198.5 (-6 lbs)

I'm going on vacation for a week next week so I'm not going to try for anything crazy!
Thank you for joining Jessica, you're the only one with me. I'll update when I get a moment. I may be losing my home, so I'm trying to get things together... When it rains it pours.. I'm just trying to remain positive.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #15
aimz

i'll join! currently 231 pounds. would like to be 176 pounds. am TTC at the moment so bring on the weight loss!! what are you guys doing to lose weight?

meds currently: 1000mg metformin, femzone, saw palmetto, clomid x 1 month.
aimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
jcrow

I'd like to join even though the month is almost over.

Currently 185, would like to be at least 183 by the end of the month, and my goal weight is 155, but I want to be 135.

My doctor prescribed a diet I can't figure out, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I'm supposed to be on a 40% low glycemic, 20-30% protein, and 30% monopolyunsaturated fat diet...

Last edited by jcrow; 08-18-2009 at 11:54 AM.
jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #17
MrsCarter098

Send a message via AIM to MrsCarter098 Send a message via MSN to MrsCarter098 Send a message via Yahoo to MrsCarter098

Ok I am joining altho the month is almost ove. I am currently 236 and want to be down to 200 by the end of the year. It seems like alot sometimes, but I know I can do it! Really, I have to cause I am 25 and a type 2 diabetic and TTC. Just started eating healthy and am planning on starting exercising this week! I am excited about having some other ladies to keep accountable with and to be changing my life!
MrsCarter098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
sesamechicken

Send a message via MSN to sesamechicken Send a message via Yahoo to sesamechicken
Red face Another late joiner here

Even though it's the 20th already, I would like to join as well.

My current weight is 210 lbs. I started dieting this week, which leaves me really with only 2 weeks left of this month. As my doctor told me that the healthy rate for longterm weighloss is 1- max 2 pound per week I am setting my goal weight for end of August at: 216- 218

By the end of this year I would like to be down to about 189 lbs and my ultimate goal weight is between 143- 132 lbs.

I am currently doing some moderate exercise: 45 mins of fast walking/ day but I am planning to step it up once I am used to doing exercise again.

I also have a diet blog, it's in my signature. All readers are welcome

sesamechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #19
sesamechicken

Send a message via MSN to sesamechicken Send a message via Yahoo to sesamechicken
Talking Weee!!!

Hello ladies,

I just HAD to stop by and share the good news with you. During my 1st week on the 1200 kcal/ day diet I have lost 2.4 kgs/ 3.8 lbs, so I currently stand at 93.4 kgs/ 206.2 lbs. Yey!!! )) I am so excited... I can!t wait to see what my end of August weight will be, especially since I've been lazy with the 45 mins of fast walking/ day thing and only really did it 2 or 3 times last week, but I am planning to stick to it better this week.

I hope to see many happy posts like mine in this thread towards the end of the month!

sesamechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #20
gatorgirl

Great Job!!!! keep it up!!!!!!!
gatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote