PCOSupport Community Forums  

Go Back   PCOSupport Community Forums > PCOSA Forums > Fertility

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Babyhopeful30

Default Success with 100mg clomid after failed 50mg

Hey ladies! I am just wondering how many of you have had success with higher doses of clomid after a failed 50mg dose of clomid?? If you did have a failed attempt with the 50 mg did you have no response to it at all (i.e. no ovulation whatsoever) or did it just take a long time for you to O? I'm just curious as I had a complete fail with 50 mg and no O and will be starting 100mg next cycle but am just not feeling too hopeful with moving forward since there was no response to the first round. Any tips advice would be helpful, Thanks!!
Babyhopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
emmilynn

I hate to respond to your post because my experience wasn't so good but I wanted to say that I've seen LOTS of women respond to 100mg after 50mg failed! I might just be a rare case but I didn't respond to clomid at all until I was on 150mg and even then I O'd very late (CD 25) on it.

But, I don't want to discourage you with my case! I've known of a PCOSer that did multiple rounds of Clomid all the way up to 150mg with NO response then months later she did 100mg and went for a follie check - they told her again nothing was going to happen and she wound up pregnant!! There is hope because I've seen lots of success with 100mg!!! Good luck to you!
Currently not TTC
Current Supplements: Multi Vitamin, Vit D3, B-12 Complex, Maca Powder, Wheat Grass Powder, Inositol Powder, Fish Oil, NAC, NPC as needed

emmilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
wachee

I did have success with 100mg vs 50mg. During my follie check i had 3 good follies. I dont ovulate on my own i use a trigger but it seems like most stories that i read on clomid the gal Os kinda late. It just is hard to say when you might O. I always recommend temping but if this is your 1st clomid cycle then all temping will do is give you an idea for next time. If you want to make 100% sure that you ovulate i would use a trigger.
Nov 24-29 - Clomid 100 mg - 12/3 - 2 mature follicles - Triggered w/ HcG and 12/5 IUI - BFN
Dec 24-29 Clomid 100 mg and Dec 30-Jan3 Clomid 150 mg - 1/7 - 2.5 mature follicles - Triggered w/ HcG and 1/8 IUI#2 BFN
Mar 4-11 Clomid 150mg 3/14 3 mature follicles triggered w/ HcG 3/16 IUI#3 - TBD

wachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Babyhopeful30

Emmilyn - thanks for the information! I am already discouraged about taking the clomid on my own so you are definitely not making me feel more discouraged!

wachee- I'm glad to know that you had success with 100 vs 50. I have a trigger shot as well to use (and will hopefully be able to use it this round) as I also don't ovulate on my own. I've been using the OPKs but never get a + since I never O, so we shall see this time. Did you do any IUI's with clomid? I am supposed to do an IUI but will be unable this next cycle as I will be leaving to go on vacation a day or 2 after I find out whether or not I have any follicles after this cycle of clomid. I decided to start taking the provera yesterday knowing that I would possible be Oing before going on vacation as I didn't want to waste any time if it doesn't work. I figured that we would just have lots of BD instead of IUI if it works. I guess we'll see what happens! I think I am also going to try taking NAC with the clomid as I have been reading that it may help the clomid work better and can also help eggs form better. I talked with my RE about and he has never heard of it but said that it can't hurt so that I could try it if I wanted. Any help I can get I will take!

Thank you both for responding! i really appreciate it!
Babyhopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
wachee

I didn't have an IUI with that round but I just had to do a double clomid cycle and I did do an IUI with that... still waiting for results I just bought Royal Jelly because I have heard that it does great things. Clomid is hard on the uterus lining and CM, well it isn't for everyone but it is for me. So after reading some I found a lot of people talking about Royal Jelly. Have a wonderful Vaca and much baby dust to ya!
Nov 24-29 - Clomid 100 mg - 12/3 - 2 mature follicles - Triggered w/ HcG and 12/5 IUI - BFN
Dec 24-29 Clomid 100 mg and Dec 30-Jan3 Clomid 150 mg - 1/7 - 2.5 mature follicles - Triggered w/ HcG and 1/8 IUI#2 BFN
Mar 4-11 Clomid 150mg 3/14 3 mature follicles triggered w/ HcG 3/16 IUI#3 - TBD

wachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
MegzyAngel

50mg clomid did crazy things for me...The first round of 50mg I O'd on CD17 then the next it failed...Then the Gyno wanted me to try one more round with it and I O'd late.....Not sure what day...But she said it was too late so has put me up to 100mg.....In which case I O'd on CD11 5 days after my last dose. im now CD14.

Sore/Tender Nipples, Nausea, Crampy, Pain in stomach (Like I have diarhhea tmi i know lol), Yet im a bit constipated when i have to rush off and go. Drinking lots. Man this is goign to be a loooooooong 2WW.

I hope that the clomid works for you. Unfortunately it takes higher doses to get any response to it....I have heard that Femara has a better response but its a lot more expensive as its actually a breast cancer drug which they discovered could induce O as well. Good luck and baby dust to you.
TTC #1 Dec 2009 - March 2011
6 rounds clomid = O and BFP on 10th March 2011 Due 11/11/2011 Born 23/11/2011

MegzyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
emmilynn

I've tried Femara as well and I believe I paid around $60 for it vs. the $9 for 50mg Clomid. From what I remember, 100mg Clomid was $18 and 150mg was $27 so it increases in cost as the dosage goes up.

But...I responded on my 1st cycle of Femara so much better response than Clomid for me! Femara is also less likely to thin the uterine lining or cause cysts like clomid can.
Currently not TTC
Current Supplements: Multi Vitamin, Vit D3, B-12 Complex, Maca Powder, Wheat Grass Powder, Inositol Powder, Fish Oil, NAC, NPC as needed

emmilynn is offline   Reply With Quote